Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Wasps  (Read 3101 times)

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
Re: Wasps
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
I think sharks are also protected in some places  ;D

Well as there are over 400 different types of sharks I'm sure some of them will be protected nor will you encounter any trying to kill you in Pescara.

a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Update-Bought a canister of insecticide this morning and called Vigili, who duly arrived a little later. Following a 'Keystone Kops' routine with the ladder, one of the guys, fully suited and booted cleared out the chimney with a long pole, including a well established nest, which he told me was about a meter deep. They told me that this year they have been very busy dealing with hornets. Anyway, when they emerged from the house we were presented with 2 large bags, one containing the nest and the other, about 500 hornets. With the ones we dealt with last night, makes around 1,000 insects. The hole in our kitchen is still blocked off in case there are any stragglers, now I need to make arrangements to seal the top of the chimney.

Offline Cassius

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »
The problem with insect stings/bites is how do you know if you are allergic until you have been stung/bitten? 

thediggers

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 10:47:00 PM »
... answer is, don't even try to find out, just don't get bitten/stung... ;D

Offline Magari

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
The problem with insect stings/bites is how do you know if you are allergic until you have been stung/bitten?
I think you don't become sensitised to insect stings till you've been stung at least once, so if you've never been stung the first sting won't cause an allergic reaction - and sometimes not until you've been stung a number of times.
You can always go to an allergy clinic and get tested if you're worried.