Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Italy!!!  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Ichnusa

Italy!!!
« on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:25 PM »
When you've waited in all day for some dead important work shoes that you paid special 2 day delivery to Amazon on and you just knew they wouldn't turn up, and yet no one listened to you.....
 Suresh: I am here. 19:24:44
 I can certainly understand the importance of the item.
 I realise the package should have been delivered by now.
 Let me check the tracking for you now.
 Me: That's what the other two people said. No one really cares. It's automatic that people respond the way they do...it's not about real people. I don't care about the delivery cost. I paid for that because I needed the shoes. I work hard for my money. I can't just say to people that they will get what they need another day...
 19:26:54
 Suresh: Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. 19:29:07
 On checking the tracking, they have updated that it is being delayed due to the weather condition.
 Me: weather condition? what, because it's so hot they need to go to the beach? 19:30:12
 this is Italy.....it's clear blue skies and 38+ degrees....

Offline Relaxed

Re: Italy!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »
When you've waited in all day for some dead important work shoes that you paid special 2 day delivery to Amazon on and you just knew they wouldn't turn up, and yet no one listened to you.....
 Suresh: I am here. 19:24:44
 I can certainly understand the importance of the item.
 I realise the package should have been delivered by now.
 Let me check the tracking for you now.
 Me: That's what the other two people said. No one really cares. It's automatic that people respond the way they do...it's not about real people. I don't care about the delivery cost. I paid for that because I needed the shoes. I work hard for my money. I can't just say to people that they will get what they need another day...
 19:26:54
 Suresh: Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. 19:29:07
 On checking the tracking, they have updated that it is being delayed due to the weather condition.
 Me: weather condition? what, because it's so hot they need to go to the beach? 19:30:12
 this is Italy.....it's clear blue skies and 38+ degrees....

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:26 PM »
Amazon IT amazed me the other day by asking me if I really truly wanted home delivery, or whether a 'post restante' solution (at a post office not too far away from me) might suit better. So I thought I'll try this out! It worked - although they only gave me (as I recall) three days to make the collection, which seemed a bit short.

For those of you who do live very much 'off the beaten track' this might be a sensible solution (although it may be that your nearest 'pick up point' is inconveniently distant).

Having any faith in the efficiency of Italian courier services is bound to end in frustrated disappointment!

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:35 AM »
Lets not forget the main problem is down to the postal address system in Italy. In the UK we have a postcode structure which narrows it down to your street and even closer. In Italy it can cover many many kilometres. There was talk, last year I believe, suggesting the Italian government would be looking at this? I tried to buy something from Amazon a few weeks ago and it refused to recognise my Italian postal address even though I have used it in the past.
In All things be a witness and if necessary use words.

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
we are lucky  or smug  living on  a main route  the drivers not only find us  , when we are out and about they toot and wave   when they see our car
up to now amazon have been brill  never  no more than 2 days delivery
our post code 660 10 covers most of  chieti regeon

the other day i took delivery of   a verry important   regestered  package  , not for  me  but some one with a english sounding name
the driver told  me he could not find them  . so he said mr roy can  you sign for them and  give it to them , not cricket or legal  , but hey italia  A3

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
We live on a small lane about 10 mins from the autostrada and I have been very impressed by the delivery people we have used -the only problem seems to be they are all terrified of dogs! Who can blame them in Italy!
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Shebar

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »
I'm one kilometre from the corso of Castel Frentano, but, more often than not, I get a phone call for "directions signora, or perhaps you could meet me?.....  I'm here at the post office!"

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
Seems to me that it would be a great business opportunity for a local bar to act as collection point like Argos in the UK -it would mean people bought a drink in the long delay in finding the correct package!!!
a third rate mind follows the crowd