Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Internet providers in Atessa  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Cesare Rinato

Internet providers in Atessa
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:19:43 PM »
A friend of mine is looking for a internet provider that covers the Atessa area. Any ideas?
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Cesare Rinato

Re: Internet providers in Atessa
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
Sorry I should have clarified, specifically looking for wireless broadband providers
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Christoforo

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
I'm with these guys  .. http://www.progettoevo.it/

Impressed with the price, the quality/speed of the connection and teh after sales service.

I think they cover the Atessa area

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
I was very impressed by Micso. There is a fairly detailed coverage map here: http://www.wadsl.it/wadsl/copertura.php?active=copertura

Bear in mind that, with WADSL, the most important factor is having a clear line of sight to the base station. Any sort of obstruction between your aerial and the base station will, at best, greatly degrade performance. Even something as simple as a single tree can make it impossible for the signal to get through.

This means that, although Micso does have a base station at Atessa's Campo Sportivo, it is entirely possible that some places in Atessa would have to use a base station further away.

We had Micso for about six months before we moved to Britain and we found the service excellent. It was very reliable and actually faster than the BT-supplied ADSL we now have in rural Wales.

Another very big positive about Micso is that you can pop in to the office and speak to a tecnico if you're having problems, rather than navigating a telephone menu system then sitting on hold for half an hour only to get some bolshie cretin with minimal technical knowledge and a script to follow.

Al