Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Landline  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Relaxed

Re: Landline
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
Well, I was with Vodafone for the fixed line stuff, and decided to ditch all landline (phone and adsl)  services in mid Jan. This required a letter to Vod, raccommandata etc. and I succeeded in being 'cut off' in the middle of March. (I note that you can now ditch a Vod landline online.)

Landlines are becoming historic. Vod have understood this. However, I have yet to discover how much Vodafone are going to charge me for having eliminated them. They made me aware of my 'bollettini' (bills) via my connection to their (pretty good) site - but the moment that they (at my request) cut me off - they also cut me off from seeing my bill! This is pretty scary, since I authorised the  payment of this final bill to my credit card - (coincidentally I had closed the bank account which had the longstanding direct debit) - so I'm wondering just how much they are going to screw me for, and I have no idea until the credit card statement arrives!

And. of course, the arrival of the credit card statement depends on whether (or when) the 'postman' bothers to deliver it. I fully accept (This is Italy) that it will be 'my fault' - because I should have (if I needed to - and how would I know?) have complained earlier.

I've lived in Italy for 25 years, and I have to say (from the point of view of a keep your head down, be legal sort of person) it is getting worse.

thediggers

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »
Someone with 25 year in Italy saying it is getting worse is a worry. Wonder how much of it is the Italians modernising in their own unique way...?  :o

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
Over the last ten years I've paid more than 500 for that bloody old phone and they want it back! What for? They will only chuck it in their bin instead of mine! Perhaps I'll just take the cost of postage off the final bill.... See if they take me to court?! After all they can't cut me off ;D

Offline maritodi

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »
Why don't you sell it at Mercatino Usato?  ;D

This way you can save the postage and maybe make enough money to buy an expresso  ;D