Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: The Freedom Trail - April/May 2015  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
The Freedom Trail - April/May 2015
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:58:57 AM »
Many of you old hands will already know about this annual event.  It's a 3-day 60km hike over the Majella starting in Sulmona and following a route via Campo di Giove, Palena, Lama dei Peligni to Casoli and then back to Sulmona via bus.  It follows the route taken by many POW's from Campo 78 in September 1943.  Now in its 15th year, it's a popular event and attracts over 700 participants.  If you enjoy walking (and it's not a race but a mass stroll) and would enjoy the opportunity to make new friends from all over the world, then there's still time to sign up.  As an added bonus, this year there is a bloggers' competition.  Those of you who write a blog, whether simply for fun or as part of your social media marketing for your business, then you are invited to enter.  The regulations for the competiton are here in English:

http://www.ilsentierodellaliberta.it/freedom15/regulation-english/
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Re: The Freedom Trail - April/May 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:24:53 AM »
I'm bumping this one up as the deadline for signing up has been extended.  Following a brief PM exchange with a forum member, I'd also like to point out that the on-line form is dual language...but you need to do a big of scrolling down to know that!  Something that I hope will be fixed for next year.  Come and join us!
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline nil satis

Re: The Freedom Trail - April/May 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
This does sound like a fantastic adventure and definitely putting it on my calendar for next year