Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: aguriturismo  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Allison

aguriturismo
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
Hi .. I am a newbie to the forum. Not sure which buttons to push etc plse bear with me. We will be spending 5 nights in Abruzzo in May. Our first stay over is Sulmona, would then like to visit Guardigrele area. I would really like to stay at least 1 night in an aguritorismo in Abruzzo but not too far north as we will be heading south to Puglia. So around Lanciano/Vasto or even more inland. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are from South Africa so will be feeling the pinch with the exchange rate. So nothing ultra pricey please ;)
Allison

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: aguriturismo
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum. There are many members in the areas you mention who I'm sure will be able to advise you. I hope you have a good holiday :)

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
Well, I'm just making a suggestion here - not trying to dissuade you from an agriturismo at all - many of them are absolutely lovely: but spending just one night in an agriturismo isn't quite the idea (in my opinion).

I've only once stayed in an agriturismo for one night - and I really resented having to continue my planned itinerary, because I simply did not want to leave! (I've never ever felt that way about a hotel). So, my suggestion is to see if you can find (possibly from recommendations here on this forum) a nice agriturismo located centrally for your touring plans in Abruzzo (look at a map, determine how winding the roads are, how quickly you can hit a big fast road etc.) and book in for four days if that's possible. Sulmona is a lovely town -  a great starting point. Enjoy.

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »
good advise  lax  a day does  not exist in abruzzoi   take your  time enjoy    A3 A3 A3

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:56:26 AM »
If no one here has any personal recommendations you could perhaps start by doing a quick Trip Advisor search.  An Agriturismo is often listed under 'speciality lodging' although many will be principally B&B's.  I've stayed in several all around Italy but none in Abruzzo sadly.  My top tip would be to find one with an excellent evening restaurant as part of the setup.  Once you've found your idyllic olive grove situation at the end of a bumpy track or top of a hill you won't want to get back in the car and set off to find a restaurant for dinner.  This one isn't far from Sulmona, and it's not marketed as an Agriturismo, but it is run by a friend of mine and I've been there a couple of times.  Top marks from me:  http://www.casalecenturione.it  Giulia speaks excellent English.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »
Oh and you've made good choice with Sulmona by the way but then I am, of course, intentionally biased!  Enjoy...
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum, I would recommend this place, great food, beautiful location and the family who run it are very very friendly, it is 20 mins from Lanciano.

http://www.agriturismoluliveto.it/en
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Nakiska12

• Majella Garden
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:15:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, some very useful advice here...
Love many, trust a few, always paddle your own canoe….

www.homeaway.co.uk/1427729
Facebook - Majella Garden holiday apartment

Offline maritodi

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »
I will second VV's recommendation of the L'Uliveto, great food, great location with mountain views and V friendly owners  ;D

Offline Christoforo

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:51:53 AM »
L'Uliveto is fantastic ... only beware .. if you intend to eat there as well (which I definitely recommend) .. do not eat for about 3 months before arriving as they will give you an amazing feast!  :P