Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Registering to vote in the UK General Election  (Read 22505 times)

Offline Relaxed

Registering to vote in the UK General Election
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »
I've just come across a UK Electoral Commission campaign which tells me that UK people living in Italy are able to register online to vote in the UK General election (and, presumably, in any forthcoming referendum concerning the UK remaining in the EC).

To qualify you must have been registered to vote in the UK within the last fifteen years. The closing date for online registration 20 April 2015

Overseas voters can choose how they want to vote. They can vote either by post, by proxy or even in person (if they will be in their constituency on polling day)
  • The deadline to register to vote is midnight on Monday 20 April 2015. Overseas voters should register as far in advance of this as possible. 
  • The deadline for applications for postal votes is 5pm on Tuesday 21 April 2015. Overseas voters should apply as far in advance of this as possible.
  • The deadline for applications for proxy votes is 5pm on Tuesday 28 April 2015. Overseas voters should apply as far in advance of this as possible.
The site to go to in order to register is https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:15:00 PM by Relaxed »

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Registering to vote in the UK General Election
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
Thanks Lax, very useful, although I've voted in every election since I was 18, no one I've voted for has ever won... Perhaps I should vote tactically  ;)

Offline Shebar

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »
Just thinking along similar lines - I don't think my vote has ever made a difference.

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:02 PM »
ll vote for belisconi    at least we all know hes  bent   unlike the  smootgh talkers in england  A3

Offline Shebar

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »
Oh don't get me started Roy - Berlusconi, in various ways, has done more damage to Italy than you can possibly imagine.