Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Pronto bus stops?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Jess

Pronto bus stops?
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »
Hi All,

Superman mentioned to me in person that it was possible to get the Prontobus from a Rome airport and get off near (ish) to Montefino (near Bisenti and Castiglione Messer Raimondo). He said that you need to get the bus that doesn't go to Pescara and get off in Val Vomano... does this sound correct? I may be mis-spelling the end destination. I can't see this on their website so don't want to recommend my friend does this if it doesn't work out!

Has anyone done this recently? It would be great to be able to pick her up (and any future visitors!) closer than going all the way to Pescara  ;)

Any advice?!

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Pronto bus stops?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:50:47 AM »
Yes there is a bus from Rome to Val Vomano

http://www.expressroma.it/index.php

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:44:19 AM »
...possible to get the Prontobus from a Rome airport and get off near (ish) to Montefino (near Bisenti and Castiglione Messer Raimondo)...

I may well have missed the start of a new service recently, but the last time we checked the only bus service direct to the Rome airports from points in Teramo province was the one I mentioned in this thread: http://abruzzolutely.com/forum/index.php?topic=42.0

It is possible to get buses direct to the central Rome bus station (Tiburtina) from lots of places all over Teramo province, but this obviously then requires getting from the bus station out to the airport. Which is neither difficult or expensive if you know what you're doing, but it can be a bit daunting for someone who doesn't have much Italian or if the passenger has some sort of disability or lots of luggage.

This is why we started telling house-guests where to get the bus at the airport and then collecting them from L'Aquila or Teramo.

Al

thediggers

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
Val Vomano is a little way off from Montefino, well about 10 minute less that Pescara according to Google, but with those roads I doubt it! Unless there is a new service I can't see any easy way to do the journey from Rome to Montefino. If they are prepared for a long haul and/or change, then there are other options e.g. one of the operators (would guess at GTA is it..?) continues on to Penne, which would be a bit closer to you, but entail an extra half hour or so for them on the bus... There are also local buses, but only a few per day that go to Castilenti and other towns near by (more do Penne and Loreto). I'll look up the Penne service if you want it...