Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Welcome to Sulmona  (Read 836 times)

Offline Postmac

Welcome to Sulmona
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:18:39 PM »
I know not everyone likes FB but you don't have to login or join to enjoy some of the benefits of some of the links and pages.

For me the page Welcome to Sulmona is a fanatstic resource and an invaluable way of keeping informed about things that are going on in that area. I'd highly recommend it to anyone around there or intending to visit.

One of our own members is involved in it and I hope she doesn't mind me pushing it - I just think it's a great example of how FB can be used well. It would be great to have similar sites for other areas/towns. (maybe there already are and I just haven't come across them) And it's a great way of finding links to other attractions/feste/restaurants/businesses that I might otherwise miss.

This is the link for anyone that's interested: https://www.facebook.com/WelcometoSulmona

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Re: Welcome to Sulmona
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
That's very kind of you to repost this.  The WTS Facebook page is now over 2 years old and has very nearly 2000 likes.  It has 3 principal readership profiles:  non Italian speakers interested in visiting and / or living in Sulmona and the Valle Peligna (including current ex-pats and holiday home owners), children of emigrants wanting to keep in touch with their roots and Italians who use it as an additional source of interesting local info.  Since Spring of last year we have been publishing a companion blog / local interest website at www.welcometosulmona.com  We are also on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+ and are part of the Abruzzo Blogger Community.  You are all welcome to join / follow / read / interact / enjoy... 
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.