Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Skiing - how's the snow looking?  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Christoforo

Re: Skiing - how's the snow looking?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
Some friends went up on Saturday and they said the top resort (We ski) was closed because the roads were blocked, apparently the lower resort (Passo Lanciano) was packed solid.

Some impressive photos of how blocked it was here ....

https://www.facebook.com/majelletta/posts/1595174440714938

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 06:59:27 PM »
enough   till easter  A3

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »
Enough till Christmas !!
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Nakiska12

• Majella Garden
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »
I went up to Mama Rossa (WeSki) today, tons and tons of snow, weather wasn't particularly good though, poor visibility, blowing snow and I was warned about the very strong winds right at the top.
There is lots of snow, but with the warm winds during the day and the cold nights, it tends to melt then freeze, then any fresh snow gets blown off so it's quite hard, from our house we have been watching the spume (?) of snow being blown off the top, looks quite impressive!
Passo Lanciano looked great, but it is more sheltered amongst the trees, I would have gone there but I do like my 10 euro a day residents rate at the top!
I was talking to a local the other day and it would appear that the idea of joining the two hills has gone by the wayside again, the federal government had put aside 2.8 million euros for the project, but the new Mayors and councils in both Rapino and Pretoro threw their teddies in the corner and said "we want our OWN ski hill, so there >:(.." so it's not to be just yet!....Watch this space
Love many, trust a few, always paddle your own canoe….

www.homeaway.co.uk/1427729
Facebook - Majella Garden holiday apartment

Offline Christoforo

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
Nice summary of Abruzzo ski places here

http://www.sciamoinabruzzo.it/en/index.html

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »
I went up to Mama Rossa (WeSki) today, tons and tons of snow, weather wasn't particularly good though, poor visibility, blowing snow and I was warned about the very strong winds right at the top.
There is lots of snow, but with the warm winds during the day and the cold nights, it tends to melt then freeze, then any fresh snow gets blown off so it's quite hard, from our house we have been watching the spume (?) of snow being blown off the top, looks quite impressive!
Passo Lanciano looked great, but it is more sheltered amongst the trees, I would have gone there but I do like my 10 euro a day residents rate at the top!
I was talking to a local the other day and it would appear that the idea of joining the two hills has gone by the wayside again, the federal government had put aside 2.8 million euros for the project, but the new Mayors and councils in both Rapino and Pretoro threw their teddies in the corner and said "we want our OWN ski hill, so there >:(.." so it's not to be just yet!....Watch this space

I will ring the new mayores of  pretoro  tomorow   and check up on the saga  that has been going on for 25 years  A3

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
today  we had lounch with the   mayrese of pretoros  mother and father ( i can name drop as well as others ) we discused  the suject of th

emountain , and there  is no problem between to two mayors  ie  pretoro and  rapino  , they are working together to solve  this old problem

so ts workin progress  A3 A3 A3

Offline nil satis

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 03:05:38 PM »
Just been up to Passo Lanciano to ski it was brilliant they had 70cm snow last night and because visibility has been poor its been closed for a few days so were very lucky that on our first day it was open. My sons girlfriend has never snowboarded before so he booked her a couple of lessons with the Feelgood school which is part of the first ski shop Euro something or other they have a website the guy was brilliant speaks great English. Fantastic lunch too in the bar/restaurant in the centre. The roads were clear of snow but some of the roads leading to Pretoro are in a right mess :-( , great day though

Feelgood Snowboard [feelgoodsnowboard@gmail.com]