Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Ars, Eros, Cibus - Sulmona 6/7/8 December, 2014  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Ars, Eros, Cibus - Sulmona 6/7/8 December, 2014
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »
I posted about this event last year and we are involved again this year in the promotion of the weekend's activities.  In essence it's a celebration of all things Ovidian - primarily Art, Love and Food.  (If you didn't already know Sulmona is the birthplace of the poet Ovid). The full programme (also in English) will be released on November 29th after the official press conference but for those of us who like to plan ahead please do mark the dates in your diaries.  On the Saturday there will be craft & food stalls plus demonstrations in all of the different courtyards around the historic centre of town, a Wedding Fair & Fashion Show, tastings, live music and lots more.  On Sunday there will be more of the same plus the inauguration of an exhibition at the Annunziata Complex, and on Monday morning there will be a special kind of open house at 4 of the most spectacular terraces across town.  This one I hope will interest many of you as we have been asked to host a sort of 'English Language Salon' on one of the terraces.  It's both an opportunity for the Sulmonesi to practise their English but also an invitation for non Italians (tourists, ex-pats, second-home owners) to get together informally too.  Monday the 8th is a holiday here in Italy so I hope many of you will be free to come.  I've posted the promotional image below.  Please feel free to share it amongst your own friends and contacts.  More info closer to the time will be available on our website at www.welcometosulmona.com, on our Facebook page of the same name plus on the site of the organisers at www.fabbricacultura.it and on their Facebook page too.  This is the 3rd year of this popular event and it looks like it's now a permanent fixture on our social calendar.  I hope to see some of you here in Sulmona!  Katy
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Ars, Eros, Cibus - Sulmona 6/7/8 December, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
Well done, this is just the sort of thing we need to promote Abruzzo. It's a bit too far for me but I wish you all every success.  :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:07 PM »
I posted about this event last year and we are involved again this year in the promotion of the weekend's activities.  In essence it's a celebration of all things Ovidian - primarily Art, Love and Food.  (If you didn't already know Sulmona is the birthplace of the poet Ovid). The full programme (also in English) will be released on November 29th after the official press conference but for those of us who like to plan ahead please do mark the dates in your diaries.  On the Saturday there will be craft & food stalls plus demonstrations in all of the different courtyards around the historic centre of town, a Wedding Fair & Fashion Show, tastings, live music and lots more.  On Sunday there will be more of the same plus the inauguration of an exhibition at the Annunziata Complex, and on Monday morning there will be a special kind of open house at 4 of the most spectacular terraces across town.  This one I hope will interest many of you as we have been asked to host a sort of 'English Language Salon' on one of the terraces.  It's both an opportunity for the Sulmonesi to practise their English but also an invitation for non Italians (tourists, ex-pats, second-home owners) to get together informally too.  Monday the 8th is a holiday here in Italy so I hope many of you will be free to come.  I've posted the promotional image below.  Please feel free to share it amongst your own friends and contacts.  More info closer to the time will be available on our website at www.welcometosulmona.com, on our Facebook page of the same name plus on the site of the organisers at www.fabbricacultura.it and on their Facebook page too.  This is the 3rd year of this popular event and it looks like it's now a permanent fixture on our social calendar.  I hope to see some of you here in Sulmona!  Katy

looks verry  good to me  i hope its a sucess  . allso a bit far for us   2with all that lovely food and wine  flowing 

salmona is a buitiful citty  and its lucky to have your suport  ,

is it only me who  spoted the unfortunate bo bo in the title , but there agane i might  not be spelling it  right

good luck  A3

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »
Linsead - if I had a penny for every time I have just managed to stop them running all of those words together well... Thank you for your support :)
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Caerus

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:56:53 AM »
looks verry  good to me  i hope its a sucess  . allso a bit far for us   2with all that lovely food and wine  flowing 

salmona is a buitiful citty  and its lucky to have your suport  ,

is it only me who  spoted the unfortunate bo bo in the title , but there agane i might  not be spelling it  right

good luck  A3

Yes Linseed, if it's the word I think it is I believe there should be an 'e' on the end (no pun intended  ;D )

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
Here is the English language version of the programme for next weekend's event:

http://welcometosulmona.com/sulmonainlove/

Even if you are not able to come yourselves, please do share amongst your own contacts here in Abruzzo and beyond using the hashtags #sulmonainlove and #putabruzzoonthemap

Thank you!