Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Sansa  (Read 2678 times)

thediggers

Re: Sansa
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »
Deep joy!

My sansa arrived today. It is more expensive than last year but not as expensive as I'd been told. 19 per quintale, bagged and delivered. I know someone else who paid 21 per Q.

Now I expect we'll have a heatwave  :)

Glad to hear you have your sansa fix Levi, forecast is for much colder weather, so it's just in time... It's interesting you quote prices in quintale, which I guess goes back to a time when it was loose? Our Ferramenta has always quoted prices by the "sacco" or pallet, last year a pallet of sansa there was 190, but "Noci" (broken nut shell) was 225 a pallet. I believe these are 1250kg (50x25kg sacks), so a reasonable increase for sansa.  By the way I would be hard pushed to tell the difference between the two. I suspect what I was told by a frantoio owner is correct and this years sansa will stroed and not be sold  until next year. So we may yet find we are hit by another bigger increase next year. I intend checking out the price next March as I'm sure we got ours cheaper when buying then...

Offline rometony

Re: Sansa
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »

Make sure you have enough Levi.
2 Factories near us have closed this year due to the lack of the olive harvest,I am currently buying a form of dried nuts which is 19e per quintale,but they can not tell me how long the stocks will last.