Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Sansa  (Read 3048 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Sansa
« on: November 03, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
Has anyone bought any sansa this year? If so what was the price?

I ordered mine in August and was quoted the same price as last year 16.50 per quintale for bagged sansa but after the dreadful harvest I think it might be more expensive. Would be good to hear what others are paying.

thediggers

Re: Sansa
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:04 PM »
Sorry Levi, we bought our last lot in spring so not sure of this years price. From what I understand it is stored/dried for a year, so it may be next year before it really goes up in price?

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »
From what I have seen the wet waste from the production of EVOO is further processed with heat and chemicals to extract inferior oils, I expect that you can have old sansa delivered but have also seen it delivered hot off the press as it were.
Unless there is a stockpile somewhere I imagine that sansa is almost impossible to get hold of this year and any price quoted will not be honoured.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:57 AM »
I've just spoken to the Feramenta and they say that there is so little italian sansa this year, they are buying it in from Morocco or Tunisia. So there won't be any till the end of the month and the price is anyone's guess.

Perfect as my gas boiler has just packed up! I hope the dire predictions of an arctic winter are wrong. :-[

Offline bernard

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »
Has anyone thought of installing a Thermodynamic Box. It heats your water via a Panel which can be installed in your loft or on your roof. The works throughout the year and does not rely exclusively upon the sun. It keep your domestic water up to 55* 24 hours a day.

If anyone is interested I can provide more detail.

I can assure you that the system is very cost effective.

Bernie

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
I would be interested to know more Bernard  :)
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Online Olive Oyl

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »
Me too

thediggers

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »

thediggers

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »
I was certainly curious about this "magic box", so posted here to ask about it as there are a couple of people on there seem to know their stuff! So for those also interested, you can have a look at what was said.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »
I'm still waiting for my sansa to be delivered, it's still not arrived at the feramenta and they say it's likely to be 19 per quintale. Last year it was 16.50 per quintale, bagged and delivered.

Has the price of pellets gone up too?

Long may the good weather last :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »
pellets are the same  price as last  year  no probs  and the sun still shines   A3

thediggers

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »
I'm still waiting for my sansa to be delivered, it's still not arrived at the feramenta and they say it's likely to be 19 per quintale. Last year it was 16.50 per quintale, bagged and delivered.

Has the price of pellets gone up too?

Long may the good weather last :)

It was very late arriving last year at our ferramenta's, fortunately we have enough for this year, so we will wait to see if they are left with it next spring! Perhaps we will have to burn pellets, but I doubt they are cheaper....

Offline Riso

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »
Bernard i am very interested in hearing about thermodynamic box any way of saving money. could you please send me some info.kind regards.

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
Bernard i am very interested in hearing about thermodynamic box any way of saving money. could you please send me some info.kind regards.

Have a look here: http://www.supersealltd.co.uk/thermodynamic-box/

From what's said there, it appears that someone has just decided that "The NEW British Thermodynamic Box" is a cooler name than "air-source heat-pump". That technology has been around for many decades and so isn't new by any stretch of the imagination, but the mechanism of operation seems to me to be exactly what's described on the web page above.

For what it's worth, the people who make the "Magic Thermodynamic Box" have been slapped by the Advertising Standards Agency for inaccurate claims. (http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2014/3/Magic-Thermodynamic-Box-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_231310.aspx#.VHX0O9KsUWk)

Al

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »
Deep joy!

My sansa arrived today. It is more expensive than last year but not as expensive as I'd been told. 19 per quintale, bagged and delivered. I know someone else who paid 21 per Q.

Now I expect we'll have a heatwave  :)