Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Health Service  (Read 10766 times)

Offline old timer

Re: Health Service
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 05:30:44 PM »
All the best. You have such a positive attitude, I think it is great.

Offline Christoforo

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
Good Luck Linsead ... hopefully your wonderful Abruzzie lifestyle will ease you thru it

Hey if the Chemo doesn't fix it then try the Eurospin Pecorino ... that'll cure anything ;)

ok ok I'm being childish dragin up old post material .. but it's hot and work is boring and I can't go to the beach ... ooops theres another  :-\

Offline Riso

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
bacio Linsead hope all goes well,  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
Good Luck Linsead ... hopefully your wonderful Abruzzie lifestyle will ease you thru it

Hey if the Chemo doesn't fix it then try the Eurospin Pecorino ... that'll cure anything ;)

ok ok I'm being childish dragin up old post material .. but it's hot and work is boring and I can't go to the beach ... ooops theres another  :-\
love you sence of huemer  iwas privalage to have the use of a top class  machine costin 4 milion   eros  tey might do a cheaper one  at ero spin  but hey this  one was  built  in germany   spung diech  or what ever  , only 34   more treatments   ,  down side i must not  drink any wine   not a drop  so canteenas   all over abruzzo wil fail   A3

Offline Olive Oyl

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 08:38:05 AM »
Hope all goes well  :D

Offline inoniente

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
All best wishes with the treatment Linsead.

Offline Murphy123

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »
Good luck with your treatment Linsead, I hope it continues to be excellent...  :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 03:41:05 PM »
Stay strong Linsead, and I am sure your positive attitude see you through.
                            🏥.  🌈  💐

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 02:08:09 PM »
hi iam posting  this for any  body who  has doughts  about moving to abruzzo  , i can only relate to the service we  have  resieved  in or area  ie chieti

sunday night we had  just arived  at our local festa   sanlorence   , when a  kamakazie  wasp stung mrs linseed  just  below the  eye
she goes into anoflactic  shock  so  i gave  her a epi pen loaded with adrelin  the called the abulance which was  on site as its a verry  lage festa ,
any  way blues and twos  suonding   a mad drive  out of the village  to meet , and tranfer to another beter eqipt  ambulance with a  docter  on board

now i sat in the front  as we sped to chieti ospidale  doging  cars that would not move over  for the siren  , the driver was  a lady and boy could she drive 
funny thing was i was not  frightened  as we sped  at 140 kms a hours to hospital

we arived at the hospital  every body arives  an wished her away  to be treated  by an english speaking docter a few   more jabs  and drips  blood tests   heart checks   and she was  relesed after  4 hours  complete  with blood  and heart results  hows that for service

bear in  mind if you arive in an abulance  you have to get a freind to take you   home  . thank you  verry much our verry  own lola  xxx

anothe praise for hospitals  here  if you are hving regula  treatment  for somthing as iam  my prostate thingy  you get  your car parking paid  for  hows that for serrvice

so rest asured if you are living here or on hollday  you will be well looked after A3

Offline maritodi

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 02:47:18 PM »
Great post and a great story to share! I hope Mrs L is OK  ;D

Thank you

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »
Great post and a great story to share! I hope Mrs L is OK  ;D

Thank you
thankyou   yes she is fine now  thanks to every  involved  A3 ;)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
As a contrast, someone I know felt something " go" in his neck and was left with Los of sensation/pins and needles down one half of his body. He went to A&E where they sent him home after finding nothing. Didn't get better so revisited A&E with same result.

Once home he went to his doctor who said he needed a scan and an MRI as this could possibly be some sort of "stroke". He was offered anti epilepsy tablets but turned them down as he doesn't have epilepsy

Five weeks later, he's still waiting. He did get sent an appointment to occupational therapy and when he went they asked why he was there because they only give treatment AFTER diagnosis, not before!

He's a self employed painter decorator and can't work.

I'm sure if he'd been in Italy he'd never have left the hospital till everything was checked out and diagnosis and treatment given.

The NHS used to be wonderful but I don't think it is anymore.

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »
you are right levi  they wont let   you leave  ospidale   here with  out   taking every  fluid they can find and analize   and you get the results  subito  A3

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »
I suspect this is really a new topic, But has anyone private Italian health insurance, or can recommend a good broker to talk to? When I first came here I took out medical insurance with PPP on the understanding they would fly me back to the UK, if I was taken ill. My concern was waking up in hospital and not understanding what was being said. At the time my Italian insurance broker offered me an alternative which was considerably cheaper. Unfortunately, so much time has past I am now so ancient that his company will no longer insure me.  Any ideas welcome
A hairy man who is scant of hair