Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Health Service  (Read 5507 times)

Offline 2Heads

Health Service
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »
Not sure if anyone has 'highlighted' this already (if so sorry) but the information may well be useful to some.

http://www.archeo.salute.gov.it/imgs/C_17_opuscoliPoster_128_allegato.pdf

Offline Riso

Re: Health Service
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:23:19 AM »
really good information very interesting, thank you i read the whole document.  :)

Offline tobylap

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:49 AM »
Thank you so much.  I have been looking for something like this and have printed it.

Offline Lola

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
Very useful post 2Heads. I will also print a copy, put it somewhere safe then immediately forget where.
Never make eye contact with weirdos.

thediggers

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
Very useful post 2Heads. I will also print a copy, put it somewhere safe then immediately forget where.

Why not save it on your computer under a folder called "Health"  :) ;) :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »

Why not save it on your computer under a folder called "Health"  :) ;) :)

all the shelves around  my compootrer  are now saging under the weght  of all the files i put there  A3

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 05:21:54 PM »
I'll make this a sticky so it will stay at the top of the board :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:30:34 PM »
i hope this post will not  be taken the wrong  way iam not in any diriding  the british  nat health service or any for that matter 

but i have noticed we have  a lot of guests at the moment  , And this post  is to relate my experiance  with the italian health sevice and  hospitals in abruzzo . and perhaps in some way reasure them  that once they are in the  sytem  or even  treated on health card system that they will resieve good treament  well i can only speak for my self
  AS some of you know i have been treated for prostrate cancer  and  had my prostrate gland removed  by a robot  one of the less intrusive methods

THe point iam trying to make  and report on is the  number of tests  before the opp   and the after care   and prcorshians  taken
 i have spocen to   maxmilan cancer nurses in england   to get a bit of reasurance ( and what good and caring people they are )
  and they told me they cant believe all the test ive had before the opp to make sure iam fit enugh  to have the opp  heat tests lung test numurios    body scans  before and after 

and now i am going to  start a coarse of 35  radio therapy treatments  ,  i have talked to maxmilan nurses and  freends of mine  matrons in hospitals in england and they said they could not believe how thouher  the hospitals are  here  , normaly when the prostrate is  removed they dont carry out  radio treatment  as  my psa is so low and i have blood checks evry mounth

any way  forgive me if ive  board you   but i want to show how happy iam with the health care here  A3

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »
It's good to know that you're happy with the care you've had Linsead. I hope you continue to make good progress.

There were a lot of factors involved in us deciding to leave Abruzzo and live in Wales, but concerns about the Italian healthcare system didn't figure.

Although some of the hospitals we visited didn't look all that great, the staff, equipment and procedures seemed to us first rate.

One significant difference is payment. We got so used to the "ticket" system that it still seems a bit odd to us not to have to pay for anything provided under the NHS. I'm sure that the ticket fees must be non-trivial to some in Italy, but they always seemed reasonable to us. Definitely more reasonable than the unstated rationing system that makes it such a hassle for us now if we want to see a GP.

Al

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
It's good to know that you're happy with the care you've had Linsead. I hope you continue to make good progress.

There were a lot of factors involved in us deciding to leave Abruzzo and live in Wales, but concerns about the Italian healthcare system didn't figure.

Although some of the hospitals we visited didn't look all that great, the staff, equipment and procedures seemed to us first rate.

One significant difference is payment. We got so used to the "ticket" system that it still seems a bit odd to us not to have to pay for anything provided under the NHS. I'm sure that the ticket fees must be non-trivial to some in Italy, but they always seemed reasonable to us. Definitely more reasonable than the unstated rationing system that makes it such a hassle for us now if we want to see a GP.

Al

just to pick up on the ticket sythem  , it depends on your finashal status   and allso  on you heath   if you have low income  you are exempt  or if you  have seius heath probs you get an exeption cert  so you  dont contrebute to things liks scans and blood tests . with my treatment i dont even have to que to have  my ticket stamped my case manager does it all for  me  , i just turn up for apointmentb

Talking of opointments , at the doctors here there is  no dragon  , sorry recetion sec  . guarding the desk you  just sit and wait  your turn and you can have as long as you like with the doc 
and presciption charges  a smal perhaps 2 eros  a time  less for generick meds   and fre if you have   serius  health probs  or a  oap

another thing i think the health care in england  could take on  board  , is when ypou go into hospital  here you take your own toilet paper  knife and fork , towels ect  oh and water  , this might raise a few  eybrows in the   benifit claimers department , but in the long run it must keep costs  down  ohif you have no relatives to bring in these things  they will suply them

also if you mhave a relative who can pop in and wash you they allso  alow this 
and the  food is  dam good  all these things take the weght of the system and the staff

oh and the bigest shock to me was the ambulances are not taxis   here they will take you in  but if you are walking  wounded  you have to arange you own tranport  home and tghere are private ambulances  to take you  with   paremedics on board  it only  costs   50 eros   its stil cheaper than a taxi   A lot cheaper  so all in all  a good  but diferent service  health that is  A3

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »
today i start 35  days of raidio trerepi  treatment to kill any remainig cancer cells after  my  prstersectemy 

wish me luck  i think i have more chance getting killed in a  road traffic accident  on the way  to the hospital than the cancer   :D ;D A3

thediggers

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
Hope all goes well Linsead...

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
Hope all goes well.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline maritodi

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Me too, I hope that all goes well.

Stay positive, a positive attitude will make all the difference to your general well being.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
In bocca al lupo