Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Heat  (Read 193 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Heat
« on: August 10, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »
The ?cold? water flowing through my boiler is so hot it stops it lighting and the water in the hose pipe is hot enough to scald the plants! I know it?s been hotter but I think the build up of heat this year makes it harder to bear. Jealous of all who have pools or air conditioning!

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Heat
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:25:09 PM »
'lazy Levi, get up at 5 in the morning and water those plants.... Better still a cheap water timer to do it ;D

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:43 AM »
Oi! Less of the lazy, sometimes I?m just going to bed at 5am! 😂

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »
Oi! Less of the lazy, sometimes I?m just going to bed at 5am! 😂
8) 8) 8) :D

Offline Berti

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
I was out watering at 6am this morning and it was already too hot. Set to get hotter over next few days too agghhh

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »
 Seriously a watering system and timer is invaluable for the extreme hot weather. Watering at 2-4am has allowed the water and earth to cool down and avoids too much immediate evaporation loss. On top of all that you can direct the water to the plants with much more accuracy. Saves a lot of work and avoids missing watering altogether! I can recommend the ?Orbit 94148 'Buddy II' Two-Port Digital Tap Timer? here on Amazon.it, I?ve tried many, but this one lasts, is reliable, easy to use. A little expensive in comparison, but well worth it. However I?ve found none that can sit out in torrential rain, so stick a plastic bag over it. A great feature I found with the above is the one touch delay 24hrs watering, another push and its 48hr delay and so on. Very good if you have had heavy rain and want to save on water.
Keep cool..