Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Clements Italian vehicle insurance...  (Read 601 times)

Offline Nakiska12

• Majella Garden
Clements Italian vehicle insurance...
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:04 AM »
After having been sent a ridiculous renewal quote for our 10yr old Volvo by Clements, on the advice of a friend I requested an "attestato di rischio" from Clements so I could shop around, not only were they ridiculously slow in replying, but when they did it had all the wrong details on it.
I phoned them to complain, then conversely actually spoke to a very nice lady in Washington DC who promptly reduced the cost of my renewal by US$400! Some good, some bad.
I know this was a topic on the old forum, but any advice on other insurance companies? My car is a Canadian Volvo, now registered in Italy.
Love many, trust a few, always paddle your own canoe….

www.homeaway.co.uk/1427729
Facebook - Majella Garden holiday apartment

Offline linsead oil

Re: Clements Italian vehicle insurance...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »
After having been sent a ridiculous renewal quote for our 10yr old Volvo by Clements, on the advice of a friend I requested an "attestato di rischio" from Clements so I could shop around, not only were they ridiculously slow in replying, but when they did it had all the wrong details on it.
I phoned them to complain, then conversely actually spoke to a very nice lady in Washington DC who promptly reduced the cost of my renewal by US$400! Some good, some bad.
I know this was a topic on the old forum, but any advice on other insurance companies? My car is a Canadian Volvo, now registered in Italy.

i have a ten year  old 4x4 insured with clements  fully comp . and i meen the english meening of fully com ie every thing is covered even if its my foult and there is no other verhical  involved  allso i  have winsreen cover 

al  for 800 eros only . to get the sme cover from an italian comp it would cost me  65o eros  plus casco another 600 eros or so

so ive gone with clements   again

the italian car insurance  comps are shaletens and bend the truth when my car was new  , it  cost me 2800 eros a year  and i was 

told  it was  full comp .no no . a glorified 3rd party  thas what it was .if i had gone of the road and rit of the car i would not have rseived a penny  . if there was  another car involved  i would have  been paid out

this did happen once  . and like a lamb to sloughter  i was taken to the aproved repair gararge used by  rep who sold me the premion

the car was   a year old kia sorento  value 26.0000 eros . on picking up the repaired car i was told by the reparer with pride he had saved money and bashed out  the  old parts and used them   fantastic 

2 weeks latter the front bumper fell of  .  did they care did they f  the light moved out    . i had to get the car put  right  by gbatt 9

sso thats italian insurers for you but at least iam legal insured  but now i will stick to clements till the value of the car falls