Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Selling a caravan  (Read 315 times)

Offline glyn145

Selling a caravan
« on: June 04, 2019, 05:16:44 PM »
Caravan.. advise wanted. We came across in November in our caravan which we had been living in for 7 weeks prior to moving to Italy.  We no longer need it and are looking to sell it   In Italy if possible .. if not will look to take it back to the UK to sell.  I would welcome any suggestions as to where we might advertise or any camp sites in the Abruzzo area where they might consider buying it to put on a site to rent out. It is a luxury 4 berth caravan with fixed bed and end bathroom with shower.  We are in Castilenti. Grazie

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Selling a caravan
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 04:10:43 PM »
There have been a few on here in the past trying to sell their UK caravans, unfortunately from what I?ve heard and read without much success. The only one I know for sure ended up taking it back, good news is that they had a buyer before going over. I think the registration and cost to do so in Italy was an issue. Good luck.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 10:19:02 AM »
Giordieborn is right the laws for towing caravans here are quite complicated but if you still have a UK reg car, I?d think you could tow it to it?s new home as if you were a tourist but after that the new owner, if the wanted to take it on the road, would have to register and tax it.

Good luck, I hope you find it a new home.

Offline glyn145

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »
Thank you for that.  We do still have a UK registered car so options are open to take it back to the UK to sell.  I did wonder about it going onto a permanent site, but not sure where to look.