Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Bonfires  (Read 269 times)

Offline Maz

Bonfires
« on: May 24, 2019, 06:42:19 PM »
Does anyone know the dates when we can't have a bonfire on our meadow.  Previously it was stated June to September but
is it beginning of June to beginning of September, or other dates?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Bonfires
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:41:53 AM »
I think it?s June ( the whole of ) to September ( the whole of) but different commune have different rules, it?s like the old by-laws in the UK, set locally.

It?s also important to take conditions into account, some farmers near me lit a fire to burn off the twigs after felling some trees, in March. We?d had very little rain in spring and they set the whole wood alight, the helicopter had to be called to put it out and, word is, they?ll get the bill! An expensive mistake!

Offline Molino

Re: Bonfires
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »
Does anyone know the dates when we can't have a bonfire on our meadow.  Previously it was stated June to September but
is it beginning of June to beginning of September, or other dates?

Here in Chieti it is forbidden from June 1 - August 31. It is OK to have a fire in September. through to end of May. I think like Levi said it varies. Best option is to ask the locals around you. Most people around us set a bonfire just before rain is due in any case just to be safe, as do we!