Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: A Quick Update  (Read 305 times)

Offline Lola

A Quick Update
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »
I think I last posted about a year ago, so apologies for the long absence. Just a quick update to let you know how things are going.

After returning to UK two and half years ago, I'm doing fine! It wasn't an easy time for me, but I now feel that my life is on track. I live in a small bungalow on the South Coast and although I never found a replacement for my sweet little dog Giorgi, I now keep busy as a 'dog sitter', having several 'regulars'. No insurance, no commitment, no heartbreak and I get exercise and get paid!

My house in Francavilla,unfortunately, still belongs to me! It was on the market for two years without a single offer, then I got lucky and found tenants  who pays annually in advance - yes, you read that right - and they have just asked for a further five year contract.At least now the worry of leaving an unoccupied house empty has now been lifted.

I work on a voluntary basis as a Receotionist at the local Hospice two afternoons a week and have become involved in fundraising for them. ?12,000 a day to keep this amazing place working. I've joined an Italian conversation group that meets every Monday morning. I found this necessary as I have two little grandchildren who although born and living in UK, speak Italian at home. So now I'm off to my group and wish you all a enjoyable day.

Best Wishes to you all

Lola

Never make eye contact with weirdos.

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: A Quick Update
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:49 AM »
Thanks Lola, that's so lovely to hear.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
That?s great to hear you?ve come through the dark times and things are working out for you. I worked for a few years as a fundraiser for a children?s hospice so I know the work involved. I got to meet some very special,people, with whom I?m still in touch, and I?m sure you will too.

It?s also good to hear that although you weren?t able to sell your place you?ve found a good solution.

Onward and upward!

Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:51:21 AM »
Good to hear Lola, glad things are going well  :)
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Cassius

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 06:14:20 PM »
Glad to hear that things have turned out for you.