Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: help with bus  (Read 683 times)

Offline 1215robbo

help with bus
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »
hi can anyone tell me if dicarbus is still running we are coming from rome to giulianova later in the year.last year we got the fixs bus (dont think that is the right spelling its the big green bus )and it did not go into giulianova. dropped  us off in the dark miles away.thanks
don't know if anyone remembers us we got done out of all our money when buying a flat  10years ago .no flat .no money. joan wife of robbo

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: help with bus
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »
Well DicarloBus here still have a site and it seems up and running, but can't see they do Giullianova. It's FlixBus here you likely used. Have you had a look here at RomeToRio site, if there is nothing on there then you are looking at having to get nearby and a train or taxi.

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:05:28 AM »
Hi Joan/Robbo,

I found something last year online, but I can't find it now, that explained in great detail about the bus from Rome and where it stopped near Pineto area/s.

However, I did find this.  I just put next week in.  https://www.checkmybus.co.uk/#departureDate=2019-02-05&origin=Rome%2441.901895%2C12.498747&destination=Giulianova%2C%20Italy%2442.7538138%2C13.9665051&sortValue=Price&sortOrder=ascending&radius=15&adults=1

On another note, did you lose your apartment due to an earthquake or did someone scam you in a purchase?  Do you mind explaining?  We have yet to buy and my husband is worried we will lose everything.  I'm sorry to hear you are in this predicament. 

Thanks.

Offline 1215robbo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
thanks Larfalot i will  look up the web sites, as for our apartment it was all a scam.i would not like to put anyone off i would love to be living in Italy now.What we were surprised at we could never get any help from the courts or the police even though we had all the proof and it was well known it was happening. we know of many people that made a success of buying a home.i wish you all the best joan   

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »
Joan, that is terrible.  OMG.  You poor things!!!  How do I avoid a scam?  What danger signs should I be looking for?  We don't have a lot of money so I feel it's people like us that would fall for it, potentially.

Offline 1215robbo

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:11:14 AM »
hi larfalot sorry to worry you .we only got a lawyer when we were about to sign after we paid over most of our money.we thought the agent had lawyers working for them.we lived in the flat for 6 months .every thing we did we took our time over nothing was done quickly.
looking back we can see were we went wrong.get yourself a good lawyer and don,t worry. joan   

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
Thank you Joan,

Thank you for giving me the heads up on this and I'm sorry this happened to you.  It's much better to be forewarned, so thank you for sharing.  I hope you get the bus sorted.  We always do public transport too, so I understand where you are coming from. 

Thanks again.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 04:06:07 PM »
1215robbo, what was the scam? Did the person you paid the money to not have the right to sell? Was it annabusive build? I don’t want to pry into your personal affairs and I’m sorry this happened to you but can you give details, (in general terms, no names) of how things went so wrong for you?

Offline 1215robbo

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 11:09:42 AM »
hi i dont want to put people off buying a new home in italy .it started with us over 10 years ago we were planing to buy something cheap and do up (rob being a builder)we were with the agency that was at the time at the airport.after a lot of thought we decided to take out a mortgage with an Italian back with the help from the agent.we signed at the bank and went to the builders the next day and signed the first stage.it was just the agent and the builder.a few weeks later we were told we could not have the mortgage.we lost about 15000euro.some months later we were asked if we would still like to buy .we took out a mortgage  in England and moved into the apartment ready to sign within weeks.we lived in the apartment for 8months and no nearer signing.we left with a letter signed that we would get most of  the money back within a year.nothing happened and we took him to court .we won the case and he had to pay interest.after another 2years we paid the court at teramo to have 2 flats and a garage taken to  be sold (we could have had one of the flats but they all had a mortgage  )we had to pay the court 3times to advertise them.we never had any contact from the court to us or our solicitor.in June 15 we had an appointment with guardia di finanza with an interpreter and was with them for over 3 hours .the paper work including email to tell us to pay money into the builders account so he could avoid paying tax.we found out later at the same time the courts gave the flats back to the builder and he sold them and then went bankrupt.   joan   

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »
What a nightmare, I’m so sorry you had that experience and I can’t really think of much you could do if you happen across such rogues. Is the builders debt still owing or has it been written off by his bankruptcy?

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 03:26:18 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  That is such a terrible thing to have happened to you.