Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Easyjet are back  (Read 291 times)

Offline Andy n Kate

Easyjet are back
« on: January 02, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »
Just for your information, Easyjet are resuming their summer schedule fro Ancona to Gatwick from the end of June to the end of October. Wednesdays and Saturdays. Flights about 50 each way at present.... :)

Offline Larfalot

Re: Easyjet are back
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:31:30 PM »
Oh that's great news thanks!  Gatwick is more preferable for me.  We've done that route with the RA  ::) from Stanstead (a long trek for us) to Ancona.  Even had 'someone off the telly' on our flight.  (We assumed they were going to Le Marche  :P  )  We left several hours late  ::) so arrived too late for the bus from airport to the train station.  Had to get a taxi to train station, had by then missed our train, had to wait hours in a heatwave (it was a heatwave) for the next train then, having promised my other half that the train was a breeze - we ended up in a non air con carriage/train and melted for hours so much so, that we were sliding off the seats (literally).  We were feeling delirious not just with the super early start to get to stanstead, but the delays and the heatwave.  By the time we were approaching Pineto, my daughter and I declared we were hallucinating, as we were seeing Girraffes by the track.  We really thought we'd lost the plot by then.  ;D(Turned out the circus was - sadly - in town). 

So Gatwick to Ancona is great for us as we don't have to get up too early and hopefully EJ wouldn't be hours late and we wouldn't be travelling by train in too hot a time of year (we don't drive in Italy).

So thanks for that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:39:00 PM by Larfalot »

Offline rometony

Re: Easyjet are back
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »

thanks for the post
I had a look and although didnt book via ancona
i found some flights with easyjet to bristol  from rome with a return from gatwick to rome at very reasonable prices for august.

much appreciated

t