Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: No Visa BUT.......  (Read 2491 times)

Online Olive Oyl

Re: No Visa BUT.......
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 08:25:04 AM »
While those people who have been resident for 5 years can be considered legally resident, those of us who fall short of the 5 year time period are scuppered. The whole thing is sheer madness - how could people not realise the utter chaos that such a decision would create???

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
The most vociferous of those who are advocating that we leave the European Union are well aware of the disruption it will cause. Not just to your right to live in Europe, but also to trade, to flights, to national security, to haulage, to our access to medicines, to the market for our inshore fishing (that we haven't sold off ) to our imports of offshore fishing and imports of food and animal feed, to what remains of our manufacturing base, to our service industry, to our economy generally and to the value of the pound. Sadly all this outweighed by their need to minimise their tax exposure.

A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »
There is a Babbo Natale after all!

Here’s another link

https://youtu.be/mrEqwkPhGj4

Offline Victor Meldrew

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
"Tears of joy and bottles of prosecco" as Brits living in Italy hear the news that their rights will be protected post-Brexit by the Italian government.
Brits living in Italy are celebrating after the Italian government gave them “the best possible Christmas present”, said campaigners from expat group British in Italy.

Italian government officials have confirmed that they are working on plans to secure the rights of the tens of thousands of British citizens living here after Brexit.

Deal or no deal, officials said Brits in Italy will not be waking up on March 30th 2019 as irregolari, with no right to live and work in their adopted home country; a possibility that has been fuelling anxiety among the country’s British residents ever since the referendum vote.

High-level officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs met with and confirmed to the committee of British in Italy that all British nationals legally resident in Italy on 29th March 2019 will continue to be legally resident and will keep their existing rights to work, the group stated in a press release this morning.

"We are absolutely delighted with this wonderful news for British citizens in Italy," Anne Parry of British in Italy told The Local Italy.

'"So many people have been so worried about what is going to happen on March 30th and now we can all relax and enjoy the Christmas break," she said.

"So many people have sent messages of thanks and support, often sharing their tears of joy and photos of bottles of Prosecco, so we are very relieved and happy today. "

"We feel we are truly welcome in Italy and part of the great European community.'

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
Nice to hear from you Victor, hope all is well🙂

This is really good news from the Italian Government, I hope the UK gets its act together in the New Year. Imagine a world without hearing the word Brexit, how lovely would that be?

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 10:22:27 AM »
Nice to hear from you Victor, hope all is well🙂

This is really good news from the Italian Government, I hope the UK gets its act together in the New Year. Imagine a world without hearing the word Brexit, how lovely would that be?
Sadly, no matter what outcome, that will never happen in my life time, the children's or thier children's lifetime. Apt this time of year - panto and letting the genie out of the box >:(

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »
Except that a Genie will traditionally grant three wishes and I don't see that type of thing happening.
Is Italy going out alone on this agreement? I thought that every member was instructed to hold firm,holding hands so we couldn't break through on agreeing anything, discussing only with the whole...  UK - Italian trade agreement to be announced in New Year?  Freeish travel between the two great countries to be declared by Befana ?

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
Let’s make up 3 wishes each…
Wake up and it never happened !
Aliens arrive and stop it !!
Lock up all the politicians !!!

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »
My three
1. David Cameron, instead of asking for confessions on immigration, just applied Eu laws. No need for a referendum.
2. Newspapers and the media only reported the truth and politicians were jailed if they lie.
3. I had a never ending supply of turnips for my herd of unicorns.

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 01:05:40 AM »
I think I'd only have one wish, and it would be that Boris Johnson had never been born.

I have a visceral hatred for the cynical self-centred calculation which this oaf computed. He had penned jokey rubbish pieces about bendy bananas before 2000 - knowing that he was making stuff up just to poke fun at the EU - but that could be forgiven as 'clickbait'.

He knew that Cameron was finished, and he wanted his job - that's all. As ex Mayor of London he knew that he was popularly perceived as 'the voice of the City' - and by extension the voice of 'business' (oh, what a joke - he ended up saying f*ck business when his selfish ambitions started to founder). But (IMO) Johnson 'reassured' doubtful leave voters that 'project fear' was just that.

I think Johnson was far more important than Farage as a 'persuader'. Farage we all knew was a long-time utterly convinced anti-european, what you saw was what you'd get. Farage (IMO) is not dishonest in his position - (we'll overlook election overspending for now, but it's notable that Farage isn't yet fingered in UK investigations).

The thing is, irrespective of illegalities in funding, and Facebook machinations, if the yellow haired one hadn't thrown his weight behind Brexit we wouldn't have it. He's an absolute b*stard - and it does seem that the Conservative MPs have recognised this.

Hunt is doing pretty well as Foreign Sec isn't he! My tip for the next Tory leader.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
Thing is at the time Boris “the buffoon” was an affable character secretly liked by many who would never say as much openly. I think it says it all (if true) where it states in Wiki that his earliest recorded ambition was to be “world king”. His true colours are now there for all to see and the “court jester” has become the “court assassin”. Despite this I think there are many in the UK that will never see him as anything other than “Mr nice guy”. If Trump can become president, then heaven forbid – PM Boris Johnson!

Offline Venatore

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
‘Assassin in the court’ I like that!
I know it’s been appropriated by ‘Men In Black’ but maybe the title ‘Boris The Animal’ might  equally  be applied to this one!
V.

Offline 2Heads

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
My favourite story concerning Boris.
His father looks very much like Boris and is an avid cyclist.
One day he was cycling up Whitehall when a voice from the pavement shouted "Boris, you're a total wanker!"
Without a moment's pause he shouted back "I think it's my son you're looking for"