Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Good policing  (Read 392 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Good policing
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:37:29 AM »

Offline Lui

Re: Good policing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:47:48 AM »
Looks like JFK to me. An odd choice, I don't get the connection, but a better option than Berlusconi or Mussolini  ;D

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 10:04:46 AM »
Iím glad itís not only me 😀 strange choice indeed!

Offline scrittore

• It's not my fault!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »
Yes, looks like the man himself, but as you say, not expected in that environment

Offline Sancho the Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 12:17:21 PM »
https://www.abruzzolive.it/trovati-con-13-chili-di-tritolo-per-un-attentato-arrestati-una-donna-abruzzese-e-uno-straniero/

Look at the photo on the wall in the picture, is it who I think it is?

When I was a child TNT (= tritolo) was in fairly common use in the English countryside for blowing up awkward rocks and so on. You made it by mixing weedkiller and (I think) sugar. There was a boy at school who used to enjoy blowing up tree stumps with TNT and no-one batted an eyelid. Another hobby of his was pulling old copper wire from under old wartime airfields and selling it. Once - so it was said - he inadvertently plunged the whole of Edinburgh into darkness.

My cousin once lobbed a bomb made with TNT - packed in a length of metal pipe - at the headmaster in chapel, but the fuse blew out on its way through the air. I don't know if it was TNT that Greek 'dynamite fishermen' used to use or some other sort of explosive left over after the war, but it doesn't alter the point, which is that explosives, particularly TNT, used to be in common use. Maybe they still are in Abruzzo and Morocco, or maybe some people have just kept to the old ways. How else is a farmer going to shift a ruddy great rock ?

If so, then I wonder if the local carabinieri etc just don't know, or whether they couldn't resist feeding a story to the press and the public to show how on the ball they are, how vital their work and so on.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 01:26:24 PM »
Your childhood sounds refreshingly old school Sancho!
Glad you made it through.
V.