Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Reconnecting water  (Read 187 times)

Offline rocco

Reconnecting water
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:48 PM »
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can advise.
I have bought a house in Abruzzo, it hasn't been lived in for a while and the water is not connected. My estate agent will deal with reconnecting the water if I want them too.
Problem is I'm not able to visit the house until Easter now- if the water is reconnected now I will have no idea if it's leaking  out anywhere, if a taps been left on,etc. but I do want water back on when I arrive at Easter.
Is it possible to 'book' the reconnection for a future date?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Reconnecting water
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »
Personally, I wouldnít risk them remembering. Iíd wait until spring and ask your agent to organise it then, probably best to give about a months notice before you come out. Mind you, in some cases, if you ask now, youíll be lucky if itís connected by Easter next year!

Do you know who is your water supplier? Round my area itís either ACA or Ruzzo Reti, the later being the more efficient, in my experience.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:19:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Rather like in the UK there should be a stopcock outside the house or possibly in the cantina if you have one. It would then be possible to have the water supply reconnected to the property but with the stopcock turned off in case of leaks. Your agent should be familiar enough with the house to know where the stopcock is and should hopefully be obliging enough to check.
My property was empty for 10 years and we had to go through the exact same process, and our insurance stipulates that we have to turn the supply off if the house is empty for more than 30 days so we have become dab hands at flicking it on and off as necessary.
What area are you in?
V.

Offline rocco

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
thank you!
We're near a small village called Roccaspinalveti, about an hour inland from Vasto.
I'll enquire with the agent about the possibility of turning it off at the stopcock, that's a great idea.Hopefully they will do that for me,