Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Rememberance day  (Read 233 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Rememberance day
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »
Is anyone organising anything for Rememberance Day this year? Especially as it’s the centenary. I do hope so, as we’ve had a gathering for many years now. Even though I can no longer attend in person, I’m there at the Sandro cemitary in thought.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:44:26 PM by levissima »

Offline nil satis

Re: Rememberance day
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
There are a number of people attending the Moro River Cemetery meeting around 10.30 for 11.00 service organised by the Canadian School. Then we will heading off to Sangro Cemetery to lay a wreath. Obviously all welcome

Offline Wheppy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »
Thanks Nil Satis. Stuart here, wheppy’s other half. Given that Remebrance Day this year is also Remembrance Sunday we will first attend the Canadian led service at the Moro River Cemetery. Thereafter, given that we wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to also pay our respects, even if in a brief act of remembrance, we will head over to the Torino di Sangro Cemetery and lay a wreath there. For those of you that are interested I have started a Facebook group called “The Val di Sangro Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cemetery” to keep people up to speed with developments for this year and clearly also for the future. Please join and encourage others who may be interested to join also. Many thanks.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:36:52 PM »
Thank you Stuart.
I, for one, am acutely aware of the enormous privilege I have, to be able to live here in Italy, in peace, and that this privilege was bought with so many young lives in both wars.

Offline Wheppy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
Lovely sentiment Levissima. We will remember.