Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Free health care after 65  (Read 459 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Free health care after 65
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »
Does anyone know if you must apply or if health care is automatically free after you reach 65?

Offline Berti

Re: Free health care after 65
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »
If you receive state pension from UK you can request your S1form from UK gov. once received take it to commune to register, only if you are resident here..... This is whilst we are still in EU not sure what will happen after Brexit

Offline PJM

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
65 ?  retirement age is not 65 in the Uk for people  born after around 1955 s . It's  66 + now and will probably rise.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »
Does anyone know if you must apply or if health care is automatically free after you reach 65?
I suspect (if you have an S1), you need to get a form E01 from the ASL. Just asked someone who has done so and they were told the form (E01) is then to be shown each time you need treatment and you get it free.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
Thanks everyone

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 06:07:12 AM »
This table shows UK state pension age, if that helps. It may not be relevant to Levi's question, but here it is anyway!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/310231/spa-timetable.pdf
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
Ok, reporting back. Thanks to the info here, I rang DWP and they sent me a form S1, I took it to ASL and they gave me a form E1, which entitles me to free health care. This form needs renewing every year after 31 March, when it runs out ( Brexit 29 March!)

If you have this form, make sure your doctor has it before he/she writes you a prescription. I broke my finger, got prescriptions for X Ray and Orthopedics, then got my form and the running about from CUP, to x -ray, back to Cup, back to X-ray back to cup, off to orthopaedic back to cup, back to orthopaedic "....was ridiculous. It only got sorted when I said I was going home and I had a friend with a chain saw! But I didnít pay!