Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Unwanted 'services a pagamento'  (Read 315 times)

Offline Relaxed

Unwanted 'services a pagamento'
« on: October 14, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »
I discovered that two 'services' which I had not authorised were draining my Vodafone credit.
Some outfit calling itself Mobbyworld (which appeared on the 'bill' as "Funworld") and something else called Polygon had drained more than 20  Euros from my credit in six days.
I had a look on Google, and on Twitter, and found mentions of this Mobbyworld scam - but the mentions were more than a year old.
Anyway, I got onto Vodafone, and they re-credited my account (effectively they returned the money) without question, and they permanently blocked my number from any servizi a pagamento.
It might be worth having a look regularly to see if your account is suffering from these scams, and also asking your provider to permanently block any such services.
I have no idea how they gained access to my number - it started on the day on which I had (probably for the first time ever) texted and also What's Apped an American number (of a perfectly innocent American visitor). That may be coincidence, but I certainly didn't do any clicking on any game site or the like.
My supplier is Vodafone, but the complaints on the web from a year ago also mentioned Wind.

Offline Article

Re: Unwanted 'services a pagamento'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
Yeah, wind will do that.