Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Free house stay - October to April  (Read 791 times)

Offline Tony

Free house stay - October to April
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »
We are looking for a trustworthy person or couple to look after our house and land of approx 3 acres for the autum winter period. No rent, just a little garden maintenance work, pruning fruit, olive trees and small vineyard.
The house is not far from Bisenti, Teramo, situated down a smal, Strada Bianco of 1.2 km. Very private position, stunning views. Wood burning stoves, 2 double bedrooms, lounge, large kitchen, bathroom.
Pets welcome.
Please contact for further details.

Offline Venatore

Re: Free house stay - October to April
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10:59:00 AM »
Hi Tony
Welcome to the forum.
I like your idea of a house sitter for the winter as in my opinion this is the period during which problems are most likely to arise, though I have to say in six plus years Iíve had my house the only issue was a gutter blocked by leaves which caused a bit of damp. Having said that in the ten years the house had been empty before we bought it this seems to have been a recurring problem.
Insurance companies also like properties occupied as much as possible too so that can be a factor.
I canít think of anyone to suit at the moment but Iím sure there is someone out there who would be perfect.
Best of luck

V.

Offline Tony

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
Hi V,

Thanks for your comment on this. Hopefully someone will turn up as there are real benefits for both parties.

Yes, I am sure you are right, no house responds well to being unloved and empty for long periods.

We are trying to develop our version of a trans European lifestyle with time in Italy, Spain, and the UK.

Brgds

Tony

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 11:48:51 PM »
Oh I would LOVE to do this, but for one problem: ponking work!  ::)   

However, I have someone in mind who might be interested.  I'll go ask them. 

How do I PM you if they are interested?  (Sorry I joined the other year then haven't posted since, as my plans changed and I've still not moved to Italy).

Thanks,
Larfalot.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »
To pm someone :

Click on the name of the person you want to send a message to.
This takes you to their profile page. On the left hand side you will see headings, the last of which is ACTIONS and under this is ď send personal messageĒ. Click this and a text box will appear. Type in your message ( donít forget to put a subject heading)  and then press send.

Please note, your message will remain in your outbox until it has been read by The recipient.

Hope that helps.

Oh and, welcome 🙂

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
Hello and thank you.

I did post originally a LONG time ago and so many people kindly replied to my query at the time.  I was so grateful for so many differing viewpoints.  However, my plans changed.  So I didn't post again as I didn't feel eligible (my own feelings, not the forum).  ;)

I still want to live there.  Sigh.  If I didn't have a job in the UK I'd snap up Tony's offer.

Many thanks for explaining how to PM.

Thanks again,
Larfalot

Offline Larfalot

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 06:11:01 PM »
Cooey, Tony, I've got some interest for you.  Private message me back please.

Cheerio,

Larfalot

Offline Violin

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have just seen your post, Tony, about asking someone to house sit for you.

I am looking to move to Abruzzo (and rent before buying) and so I would be very interested in your offer if it is still available.  I shall send you a private message, Tony.

By the way, I really love the forum so far and everyone has such useful information.  I am a teacher of English as a foreign language looking for work in Abruzzo, so any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 01:59:45 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum Vitalin.

If you can find work you will love Abruzzo ???
And if you canít you will still love it!

V.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 10:55:59 PM »
Either itís the eyes or the mind thatís going, most likely both!
My last post should have been addresses to Violin.

V.