Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Private House purchase between UK citizens in Italy  (Read 323 times)

Offline Clive Oldfield

Private House purchase between UK citizens in Italy
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:21 AM »
Morning, can anyone advise the easiest and cheapest way to go about this? Can you draw up your own preliminary contract, leaving only the final contract with the notario? And...if it is possible to do the deal in sterling but obviously paying all taxes and fees in Euros. NB all the necessary paperwork is in order. We have an Italian friend (just qualified as a solicitor) helping with translations, and will be at our first meeting with our notario tomorrow. Thanks

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Private House purchase between UK citizens in Italy
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
I would think your notaio is best to advise. It shouldn’t be too difficult because all you are doing is cutting out the estate agent.

Whoever is the buyer, should check at the comune that all is in order, but it’s best to do that whether an agent is involved or not.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
I also would get in touch with a Notaio for concrete advice. We used this guy mfaieta@notariato.it (Marco Faieta). He speaks English and give us advice before buying via email, mind you he is based in Pineto. Oddly enough we were told just recently it is possible to use GBP, but you still have to use the official exchange at the point of sale to have Euro in the documentation. I would imagine you will also need the same evidence/number/reference of the transactions made.

Offline old timer

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »
If you are going to cut out the estate agent etc. please bear in mind that, I think I am correct in saying all bills electric, gas, mortgage belong to the house not the person. so if there are bills unpaid then they will be down to the owner. This can transfer to the new owner. I am sure If I am wrong somebody will correct it.