Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Windows and Swimming pool  (Read 975 times)

Offline Scott

Windows and Swimming pool
« on: July 15, 2018, 02:05:00 PM »
Hi
We are currently preparing to renovate our old farmhouse and are shocked at the price of Windows in Italy ! Has anyone any recommendations in the Guardiagrele area of companies who are more reasonable ?
Also I believe that someone on here has a swimming pool business - does anyone have his details ?
Many thanks

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Windows and Swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:43:24 AM »
The swimming pool business was linked to tandp on this forum but not heard from them for a while.

You could try contacting them via their website http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1344678

A friend of mine shipped his windows from The Czech republic for half the price of here, if thatís any use! BEST OF LUCK

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »
We had new windows and doors fitted a year after moving out here & thought the price was great for what we got; top quality windows, mozzie screens & shutters; made a big difference to heating in winter / keeping cool in the summer.

We used Ideal Fenster; PM me if you want any further info.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline SALCIM

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:38:09 PM »
I agree Scott, the cost of windows is very high, but, generally, they are bespoke and tailored to your exact specifications (i.e. hardwood, softwood, softwood with aluminium, aluminimum, with mozzie screens or without etc. etc.) unless you have your openings configured for off the shelf windows. We've used De Ninis in Vacri (not that far from Guardiagrele). Their website is http://www.deninisserramenti.com/. Best of luck.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:46:11 PM »
A long time since Iíve read a post(s) on the subject of windows, but I seem to recall that many people imported windows from Germany and/or Scandinavia because of cost and quality issues here in Italy. Mind you judging by the cost one of our children paid in the UK recently it is not cheap for good quality windows there either.

Offline rometony

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »
I put in some bought from OBI in some places around the house and they are ok

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
Many thanks to everyone who has replied and I am following up some options given the information re the Windows .

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 08:39:41 PM »
I too found them expensive, but worth it. We actually got triple glazed, two french doors for terraces, one standard do and three windows. Screens on all so we can keep the breeze flowing and bugs out, and full shutters on the terrace doors which overlook the street. Total cost was about 8K EU, including the masonry work, which was fairly extensive. It made a big difference this last winter.