Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?  (Read 158 times)

Offline SuperRam

RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ryanair-unions/ryanair-cabin-crew-in-four-countries-to-strike-idUSKBN1JU1XV?il=0

Link to one of just many articles about possible disruption to RyanAir summer flights in four countries, including Italy.

Just posted for information and to enable contingency planning if this does look likely.

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
Thanks, first we had heard of the problem.

Offline iggle piggle

Re: RyanAir staff to strike this summer?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
I travelled back from Stansted on Wednesday evening and ended up with a 5 hour delay.  Many of the flights leaving Stansted were delayed but the Pescara flight was the worst.

If you have problems with delays/cancellations, depending on the reasons, you can claim compensation (which I'm doing).  A nice Italian chap at the gate told me about an excellent website which gives you clear information and you can make your claim through the website and it goes directly to Ryanair.  It seems to include every possible scenario and tells you what you are legally entitled to.  The pre-written letter (which it creates depending on your circumstances and which you can amend) includes all the legal stuff.
The website is: resolver.co.uk

Obviously I won't hold my breath about when I will see my money!