Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: need to transfer the house into my name  (Read 408 times)

Offline PJM

need to transfer the house into my name
« on: June 25, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »
Can anyone help? I have a house that is in both names in Italy. Got divorced and paid him out (years ago) and just made an agreement it was mine with the grown up children and him  , not bothered about inheritance at the time but I am now as my ex got married last week end . I need to transfer the property legally into my name in Italy . I think I need a notary in the uk do this before I come to Italy and sort ..has anyone done this or can help.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: need to transfer the house into my name
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »
Iíve only done a transfer into my name after my husband died, so a bit different. Youíll need a notaio, something which proves your ex relinquishes his half of the property, then it needs to be re-registered in your name on the cadastral register and you will have to pay the tax, as if youíd bought half the property. Itís not going to be cheap. You could try going to your local CAF office and see if they can help. They are a sort of citizens advice type thing and therefore cheaper than a notaio, although you might need a notaio anyway. Also pay attention that they transfer not only the house but also the land, which may be registered separately.

I donít know what you can do if your ex is uncooperative. Good luck.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »
I'm sure Cristina Mattei (solicitor Pescara - Email avvocato_mattei(AT)hotmail.com) will give you an idea of what she would cost to help get it sorted. From what I've read elsewhere Levi is very right in saying it is not cheap to do so. If he is still about Marco Faieta (Notaio Pineto) was very nice and speaks very good English. Good luck!

Offline PJM

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »
Many thanks GeordieBorn for your advice ..this lady you suggested is great and just what I need,she is sorting it all out for me.

Offline marva

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
Cristina Mattei is brilliant!!!! I have used her on the purchase of my house and she was very approachable and efficient.