Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Ryanair delays  (Read 812 times)

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
Ryanair delays
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
Most of our clients and family have had serious delays in and out of Pescara this last month or so. My sister waited 4 hours for her bags at Stansted after a 3 hour flight delay and almost all of our clients have had delays mostly baggage related. I had one client who was sat on the plane at Stansted for 3 hours and he said the bags from the previous flight were only taken off the plane half an hour before the flight.

Any one know what is happening?
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Rustychain

Re: Ryanair delays
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
We haven't experienced delays like that at Stanstead although friends of ours have. But, the last 2 times we've flown back into Pescara we've had to wait perhaps 45 minutes for the baggage. I don't know what that equates to in MPH but the bags are only travelling a few metres from the plane!

It didn't used to affect us as we only travel with a small bag each but these days Ryanair put them in the hold so these delays now do affect us.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Dont really know what the reason is but we encountered delays with both the baggage and flight at Stansted. Going into the UK we used to never encounter any delay getting our bags on the rare occasion we did so. This time it was nowhere near as bad as 4 hours, but longer that weve ever had. Someone did say that there was a shortage of baggage handlers at Stansted. Im not too sure this is not linked to Ryanair now having more hold luggage and/or the ongoing work at Stansted. I was never too sure the new baggage policy would work as planned and am still not convinced. Saying that weve found it to be good in the one respect of not having to lug up two cabin cases on and off the plane. The downside is definitely the risk of delay, especially at Stansted. I think any flight delay compounds the risk of luggage delay as they miss their slot and have to be squeezed in somewhere. Our last flight into PSR was 6th June and it was an hour or so late, reason stated was the weather (thunderstorm). Looking at limited flight arrivals in the last few days, most flights have been late. Our next flight to the UK will likely be priority to avoid any Stansted delay.

Offline Lui

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
My brother waited hours for his case at Stansted 2 weeks ago as well. Being terribly cynical about it is it a ploy to get passengers to spend that little extra for 'Priority' and therefore have their bag with them on the plane??? Just thinking this as I read a report last month that said that most of Ryanair's profits come from the little extras and that they make almost nothing out of the basic flight price.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
Being terribly cynical about it...

That's one way of putting it.  ;D
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline Andy n Kate

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
This happened to us. Over an hour to wait for bags at Stanstead and yes, Ryanair want you to pay the extra. They also made me pay for the pleasure of siting next to each other because we waited for the free check in. My response is to never fly with them again. It is just as quick for us to fly to Rome and drive across.
Driving from Jersey in 2 weeks time to Colonella TE. Can't wait.
Andy n Kate

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »
Welcome Andy & Kate!
Im always one of the first to slag off RyanAir as they are simply deceitful, but I always come back to thinking we paid more for one family return flight to Greece 30 or more years ago that we pay now for two of us to visit the UK and back with RA. Rome would be fine if it was a holiday home here (using carhire) or just a few days/weeks trip (with parking). However for longer spells it would not work for us.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Andy n Kate. I wish you a safe journey and a pleasant stay. Is it a holiday? Or something more permanent?

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
Another delay on the cards tonight as we have family arriving and current departure estimate is 1 hour 40 minutes late! Although we were text about this an hour and a half ago I've checked Stansted, RyanAir, Abruzzo airport and flightstats sites AND they all still show the flight is on time. So don't go by any of these if going to pick anyone up, some real time data!

Offline Andy n Kate

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Hello all.
Just getting to know this forum. We have a holiday apartment near Colonella, but hope to use it more as we approach retirement.
I am please to see Easyjet dipping their toes into the Gatwick Ancona route which is ideal for us as we have to travel from Jersey initially. Just an 8-10 week trial at first but hopefully a fuller timetable next year.

I may need some help on how to get UK TV via satellite dish in the future.

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Andy