Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Vasto  (Read 550 times)

Offline nil satis

Vasto
« on: June 15, 2018, 02:37:34 PM »
I have some friends holidaying in Vasto (on my recommendation) 1st week in July. Does anybody have any recommendations of things to do places to visit and eat please

Thank you

Offline Rustychain

Re: Vasto
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:43:13 PM »
If you recommended it I'd have thought you'd be a good source!  ;D
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline nil satis

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »
well yes I love Vasto for a day out and my mate loves what I told him of the place, just wondered if anyone knows of anything anywhere a little left field or even mainstream that I don't know of  ;D ;D

Offline PJM

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:24:06 PM »
So kind and thoughtful  you want your friends to have a lovely time in Vasto. We have only been for the day trips and another only for a night, don't know what your friends like but we went walking at Riserva Naturale di Punta Aderci, enjoyable . If you don't get any help from this site but I am sure you will as it is normally a site with very helpful people. Message me if you don't get help as my local coffee shop in the Uk is owned by a guy from Vasto , I am sure he will help . Also look up http://www.majellando.it/escursioni-in-abruzzo/ it's a company that does visits to a trabbocci , excursions etc.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:31:02 PM by PJM »

Offline shiny beast

Blacksmith and general builder.

www.steveattwell.com

Offline southerngirl

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
I live in Vasto and my go to places are The Rusty Room for the best hamburger in Italy and La Votte Pieno for typical Abruzzo food.  I also enjoy the pizza and the view at Chavalier.

Offline nil satis

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 11:27:10 PM »
Just to let you all know, my friends just got back from their holiday in Vasto and all I can say is thank you for all the recommendations. They had the greatest time and will definitely be returning. They did everything I recommended and more including all of your places Southern girl. They loved Vasto, Tremiti islands, Cimitario Inglese , lunch on a Traboccho and they even made it up to my local restaurant in Palombaro.But most of all they loved the non commercial typical touristy style holiday. Maybe this is how Abruzzo should market itself but that would just be like letting daylight in upon magic. So thank you all for your help

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:36:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Iím glad your friends had a good holiday.

Offline Molino

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »
Hi, I just saw this post on Vasto, it is a shame I did not see it earlier as I would have been able to help your friends. We live in Vasto and own a holiday rental business here. www.abruzzorentals.com  There is loads of info on it about Vasto including some recommended trips and things to see in and around town. Like I say, sorry for the late post, but thought this info might be of help to anyone else thinking of visiting Vasto. cheers