Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Twitter as a helpline!  (Read 336 times)

Offline Relaxed

Twitter as a helpline!
« on: June 04, 2018, 07:48:10 PM »
I had a good experience with Vodafone the other day.
Their site (on a PC) wasn't working very well, and I wanted to cancel something, which all the information I had to hand (from both the site, and the Vodafone app on my phone) meant I had to ring a specific 5 figure number.
The trouble was, ringing that number did not give me the opportunity to cancel, so I rang 190.
This was a true Catch 22, because if you ring 190 from a cellphone with the Vodafone app installed, you are instantly directed to the app, and the 190 call is terminated.
Aaargh.
So I vented my spleen on Twitter, (in Italian, but English would probably have worked) tagging in @vodafone.it
Within a couple of minutes they were back to me, suggesting that I send them a private message if I would like to be called by a real person, on my cellphone. So I said yes, please. Very sensibly (this was after midnight) they refrained from calling me at 1 am, but the next morning they called and everything was sorted very quickly.
I was only vaguely aware that there was such a thing as 'Twitter Support' from some companies, and I had no idea that Vodafone would pick me up as in need of it - but it was a nice surprise.
If you are a twitterer it's maybe worth seeing if the company you are having difficulty with has a Twitter presence - if only because it's much easier (I find) to frame a query in Italian in a tweet rather than in a telephone call!

Offline Article

Re: Twitter as a helpline!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »
That's a good tip....I've been trying to get updates from The AA for over 3 months, regarding a particular nasty experience they provided. I've tried on Twitter now, so at least it's another avenue. Thanks