Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: GDPR  (Read 930 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
GDPR
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
On May 25th new General Data Protection Regulations come into force.

I (and the Kid) have searched to see if this legislation affects the forum and I donít think it does for the following reasons.

1. It is not a business and has no economic activities
2. The only data held is email address and this is held only so that if a member requests a new password, the software will send it automatically to the address they registered.
3. There is no requirement for real names or other personal details to be registered or held
4. The data held is encrypted and password protected.
5. No data is shared with third parties.
6. No requirement is made for identification data, ie, full name, address, date of birth etc.

However, should anyone not feel comfortable with the privacy or data protection on the forum they can check their profile and and adjust the information they have supplied. They are also free to delete their account or ask admin to delete it for them.

Offline Rustychain

Re: GDPR
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
Looks like you've (both) been very thorough. Good effort both.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
Oh good. Does that mean I won't get yet another e-mail headed "We've changed our Privacy policy" Click here for details or here to confirm that you still want to receive yet more fascinating information about us and our products

Thanks Levi and The Kid.
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Lui

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
This GDPR thing is a godsend for lazy sods such as myself who can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole of unsubscribing to email lists. When the "Action Required GDPR" emails arrive from some company or group I used maybe once ten years ago I simply hit the delete button. I anticipate a lot less spam in the future  ;D

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »
We also reviewed our privacy policy and decided that we didn't need to do anything except to say 'We have reviewed our privacy policy...' etc.  A lot of people / organisations etc have over reacted with this. It's a good idea of course but doesn't necessarily apply to everyone or everything. If you want to unsubscribe from a whole load of unwanted lists all in one go then then try https://unroll.me 
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 05:56:18 PM »
Interestingly, Iím getting emails from sites Iíve never subscribed to and who have obviously got my email address as a third party, so at least I know about it now and can bin them. I suspect some are fishing for people who wonít realise and will now give permission to be contacted.