Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Holiday home  (Read 422 times)

Offline Fraizer1

Holiday home
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »
Hi
I have been a member for a while and find the posts really interesting so thank you. My husband and myself are hoping to buy a property in Abruzzo in the very near future as a holiday home that we will eventually spend a few months a year there when we retire in a couple of years. Just wondering if any one goes skiing in Abruzzo and if so any information, we both love skiing and thatís one of the reasons we like the area we also love walking and cycling. My favourite area is around Casoli and we were very close to buying a property in Civitella Messer Raimondo about 2 years ago but panicked because of Brexit. We would be grateful if any one has any advice or knowledge of the area and how accessable the ski slopes in roccasaro are. Thanks in advance and I hope we will soon be able to enjoy beautiful Abruzzo like you all do. We are over there again in July  :)

Offline PJM

Re: Holiday home
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:45:31 AM »
I have a holiday home in Capestrano and I ski at Roccaraso just over an hour away on good roads .Went this year in mid March .They have a good ski school went with my partner and he had his first ski lesson and not young (over 60)..but fit and a runner. After an hour with the instuctor he was off  on the green run. March at bit icy on the slopes but good cheap refreshments.  Only one problem it was hot !! Set off with loads of layers of clothes ..Italians in lycra ..looked like the crazy English in old ski stuff that has been at the house for 15 years !  Many other ski areas but always go to this place after friends took me years ago.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:24:25 AM »
We also ski at Roccaraso. We are 45 minutes away in Sulmona so a half-day is perfectly doable - a total luxury. This year we skied until Easter Monday. 
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Fraizer1

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:20:46 PM »
Thank you for replyís thatís really useful, we did travel to roccasaro in the spring and the road from Casoli was fine but was curious how easy in the winter it would be. Everything I have read about roccasaro is good and itís sounds ideal. Just need to find our little house there now 😊