Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: good read  (Read 265 times)

Offline PJM

good read
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:44:17 AM »
No Word for Wilderness an amazing read by Roger Thomson ..couldn't put it down ..Abruzzo national parks and politics  ,cloning science , maffia , and the beautiful Abruzzo bears. Its worth a read. Pamela

Offline PJM

Re: good read
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:33 AM »
Going to reply to my post so it maybe read . Just finished the book an amazing read ..Abruzzo . Do put it on your reading list I am sure you will enjoy it.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
I'm reading 'The Italians' by John Hoper right now.  Don't read it if you are just off the boat and still wearing those rose-tinted specs though!
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline PJM

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:48:36 AM »
Just reading Mezza Italiana by Zoe Boccacabella interesting about growing up  in Brisbane 70/80s Italiana parents and going back to Fossa ancestral home  It's a holiday read but engaging if you have any connections to Abruzzo . 

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip about "No word for Wilderness." Just read the sample on I books, enjoyed it and  and last night bought the whole book.
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »
For those of you who like easy going crime fiction, I can recommend The Case of the Sleeping Beauty by Richard Walmsley.

It is based in and around the Pescara area and even one of my favourite restaurants in Loreto Aprutino gets a mention. It won't appeal to all, but at 0.99 for the Kindle certainly worth a punt.  :)