Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: WiFi on Molise/Abruzzo border  (Read 794 times)

Offline Montenero

WiFi on Molise/Abruzzo border
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »
First a confession, we are actually just over the border in Molise, in the commune of Montenero di Bisaccia...

I'm looking at getting WiFi - there's currently no landline to the house. At the moment, I'm looking at Eolo and Dimensione as providers.

Does anyone have experience of these two, or advice for other providers in the area?

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: WiFi on Molise/Abruzzo border
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »
First a confession, we are actually just over the border in Molise, in the commune of Montenero di Bisaccia...

I'm looking at getting WiFi - there's currently no landline to the house. At the moment, I'm looking at Eolo and Dimensione as providers.

Does anyone have experience of these two, or advice for other providers in the area?
Hello and welcome, think you will find there are a number of members on here not in Abruzzo. As per a recent post on this subject, this lot here Micso are saying they cover you. Not looked at the two you have mentioned, but will do so to see how they compare. If you can it is best to find out who all the neighbours are using and try to see if their access is any good i.e. not just something their brother deals with!

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I can certainly give a big thumbs up for Misco, the others you mention I have not heard of but they may well be local to you. I have also decided to have a landline with Micso so I can finally get rid of the dreaded TELECOM ITALIA!!
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Montenero

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:16:12 PM »
Thanks both!

I might give Micso a try... If they are able to connect us (not sure ho far from the exchange we are).

VV, if you have Micso already, you could recommend me and earn us both a free month! https://www.wadsl.it/presenta-un-amico/

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »
Yes I will do that thank you! If you contact me via private message we can sort it out together  :)

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
Montenero, a few of us on here are with Micso. They're OK, it's reasonably reliable and good enough for streaming etc. They've been helpful if we've had to contact them for anything.

Offline Montenero

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »
Montenero, a few of us on here are with Micso. They're OK, it's reasonably reliable and good enough for streaming etc. They've been helpful if we've had to contact them for anything.

Great to know - thanks!

Offline Montenero

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »
How long has it taken for most people to get connected? I don't actually have a phone line yet either...

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »
We called in to the shop near Pescara airport. Filled some forms in, paid for a year (plus a bit for the router I think) as we're non-residents and came away with the equipment. It's really easy to set-up and we were on later that day. Non-residents get it half price, about the only thing you pay less for haha.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 07:41:10 AM »
Montenero we have a contact in our area as we connect many clients up. If you like you can pm me your information and I can ask him if he covers the area or find out who does, they will then hopefully come to you and connect you up. Only thing is, doing it this way (through the back door) may not get you your free month but at least it saves you a trip to Pescara and I'm not bothered about the free month, you can just buy me a drink if we ever meet  ;D

Offline PJM

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 12:54:51 AM »
I must say first thank you for all your help . I have been in contact with Micso so far so good , they are very good on e mail , I just use a google translate, been e mailing for about a month and I hope they can install around 14th when I am in Italy , just slight problem I have no Italian phone but lets see and I will post if all is well and I am on line after 14th. Also having the same problem with Ikea who are making a delivery ..no Italian phone but I think thats sorted. I do have an Italian phone but the credit has run out over the winter while in the uk!
Also thank you all for the help with the central heating hope thats installed and  all working when I arrive !
As pay back anyone who needs help with renting then contact me , 9 rents so far for this year and that's enough as I am visiting (one rent for a month)Not saying I am not expert but can help with tips look at your sites and say what I think.It's taken 3 years to get to this point with rentals and it's been hard but enjoyable work. Snowed in the Uk so making bedding for the first visitors with a baby ..hope Ikea deliver the cot !Happy too share my information .like I now know how the listings work to get to the top of the searches!

Offline Montenero

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
Montenero we have a contact in our area as we connect many clients up. If you like you can pm me your information and I can ask him if he covers the area or find out who does, they will then hopefully come to you and connect you up. Only thing is, doing it this way (through the back door) may not get you your free month but at least it saves you a trip to Pescara and I'm not bothered about the free month, you can just buy me a drink if we ever meet  ;D

Thanks VV, would love to take you up on this! I have tried to PM you, but I'm not actually convinced that it worked...

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »
If you pm someone, it stays in your outbox until itís opened by the recipient, this might be why you think itís not worked.