Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Italian websites  (Read 992 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Italian websites
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
Some things to watch out for

1. Be careful to check the date of any information on a site. It is not unknown for sites not to be updated and that wonderful music festival you've found a site for and decide to go to actually happened last year, or many years ago!

2. Interactive sites are for Italians, with Italian addresses, Italian bank accounts and all other things italian. The rest of the world does not exist.

3. Many sites which require a password, will periodically require you to renew your password. You may then get a useful email informing you that you have successfully changed your password and your new password is "****". Very secure but not much help!

Have I missed anything?

Offline Cesare Rinato

Re: Italian websites
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
I think you have covered most of it. I think I would add " if you intend to visit the place you have found on the internet don't necessarily expect that putting the address shown into a tom tom or google maps will take you straight to it." I have checked out the address of restaurants etc on line and found myself miles away from their actual location. Usually if I am using the internet in Italy I usually follow up with a phone call, even if I have to ask a neighbour to make it.

I certainly agree with you on the other two points. I looked up a local feste last week and was reading through the details happily until I noticed the page was dated 2007. I have / had home banking with BLS. I kept going back to the branch complaining that it wouldn't work until I realised that I was supposed to change my password regularly. Eventually the system became bored with me and locked me out.
A hairy man who is scant of hair