Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: How much to pay for an Energy Efficiency Certificate  (Read 948 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
How much to pay for an Energy Efficiency Certificate
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
A question to those who have sold or who are selling.  We have been quoted 200 for an energy certificate.  Is this about right?  We used this site: https://www.prontopro.it  and just had a contact from a local architect.  No idea if we should accept his preventivo or wait for someone else to reply.    Thanks...
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: How much to pay for an Energy Efficiency Certificate
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »
This guy here reckons between 150-300.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:45 AM »
That's helpful - thank you.  Almost as soon as I had posted here the chap who had sent me the preventivo called me and said the price is usually more like 250.  I'll see if I can get it to nearer 150 if I can.  Anyone else had a recent experience here?
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:15:02 PM »
It depends on the property but E250 is about right IMO
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Thank you VV.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »
Update on this one - we used the local architect via Prontopro (see below) and he did us two certificates for 350 plus 4%.  We also explored an option offered to us by one of the sites we advertised the sale with. Their price was under 100 but no one called us for days and days (they advertise within 48 hours) and only after I called to enquire (twice) did someone call, not leave a message and then get back to me after we had gone back to option 1.  Hope this is helpful to some.

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
Interesting. How long does a certificate last for?

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »
The certificate would suggest that it is valid until you do one of the following: you sell, the property is leased, you have done important structural work, changed (enhanced?) the energy efficiency such as installing solar panels etc or it's a new build (obvs). There is also an 'other' box.  So I guess it is valid indefinitely unless / until you do one of the above.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »
Energy certificates do have a shelf life.

If your property does not have a working boiler then the certificate lasts just 12 months. If your property has a working boiler with all the certificates and service history (here boilers should be checked once a year) your certificate lasts for 10 years. If you change the boiler during this time, provided you have the certificate and service history the original energy certificate still stands.

If you have a boiler fitted which has not been installed by the correct people or serviced then an energy certificate cannot be issued and the boiler needs to be replaced or removed.

I have known 3 clients who have had boiler on the spot checks, you can get a fine if you are not having your working boiler checked. In the UK we only have to check boilers if you are renting the property out (I believe), here they need to be checked by a professional every year  even if it is your private dwelling.

Offline La Vigna

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
Is that for gas boilers or for pellet and wood burner ones too or electric?

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:21 AM »
Does changing your boiler status (in whichever way) count as change / enhance the energy efficiently?
I thought the law was to have a boiler checked every 2 years - not every year. We have a local tecnico who has called us every two years for both of ours.  Variation comune to comune like most things?  Sounds unlikely.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
Sorry Tartufa the law is 2 years now.

If you do not have a boiler (gas) but have another heating/hot water system, they too will be mentioned on the certificate which will be valid for 10 years. But again you need to have documents for the fitting of these items otherwise they will be classed as unchecked and the certificate will have a shelf life of 1 year.

If you add a boiler/other heating system after the certificate is done, you will need to have another one done.

Basically the person doing the certificate is checking (amongst other things) the heating/hot water system, if it is all in order then the certificate is valid for 10 years. If you have no documentation for fitting/activation then it will last for 1 year. This is why when you buy a pellet burning stove or similar things an engineer will come out to 'Activate' it and leave you with a document taht you then provide to the person doing your energy certificate.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »
So in essence don't get your energy certificate until you are good and ready to sell in case in the meantime you are overcome with an urge to upgrade all your kit and render the certificate invalid. ::)