Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Ryanair’s New Carry-On Bag Policy from 15th Jan 18  (Read 1419 times)

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Ryanair’s New Carry-On Bag Policy from 15th Jan 18
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
Well you can even tke your car with this lot!

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
Me again! After my contribution last week, I had to fly home urgently on Saturday with Ryanair. I tend to agree that they do provide a good service albeit on a ‘local bus’ level, and these changes will annoy people and I feel could be introduced better.
Anyway, when we arrived at Pescara on Saturday, we found that we had the pleasure of travelling with a quite large school party. These kids were all in the queue to check in baggage. We felt we’d be there a while! However, they were actually ‘checking in’ their cabin bags, getting them weighed and tagged. They were subsequently relieved of them as they exited the departure lounge and loaded into the hold. We were in the line for about 25 minutes, whereas pre new baggage policy there were only people at the desk with hold luggage and we got through a lot quicker. Be prepared for longer queues folks!

Offline SALCIM

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 11:32:34 PM »
Good to see Linsead back in the fray!!!

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 07:38:01 AM »
Me again! After my contribution last week, I had to fly home urgently on Saturday with Ryanair. I tend to agree that they do provide a good service albeit on a ‘local bus’ level, and these changes will annoy people and I feel could be introduced better.
Anyway, when we arrived at Pescara on Saturday, we found that we had the pleasure of travelling with a quite large school party. These kids were all in the queue to check in baggage. We felt we’d be there a while! However, they were actually ‘checking in’ their cabin bags, getting them weighed and tagged. They were subsequently relieved of them as they exited the departure lounge and loaded into the hold. We were in the line for about 25 minutes, whereas pre new baggage policy there were only people at the desk with hold luggage and we got through a lot quicker. Be prepared for longer queues folks!

OK, have now returned from UK and seen the new process from Stansted side. Unlike Pescara, there was no ‘check in’ of cabin bags at bag drop. Rather, at the gate all non Priority ticket holders had their bags tagged and they were taken off them just before they boarded the aircraft for loading into the hold. Have to say this worked quite well and there was little disruption once on board, except for numerous couples trying to reunite, having been separated by the new seating allocation system! One other thing I did observe was some of the aforementioned non Priority passengers, having been ‘tagged’ at the gate, whilst going down the stairs to the apron, were removing said tags and carrying their bags onboard. Didn’t take long to find a way around that system did it?

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »
Thanks for the update RM, at least we know now what to expect at the Stansted end next time we are there!

Offline nil satis

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
We too travelled back to Bologna and back from Pescara recently and didn't have any problems I took a large rucksack which I took on board and my wife had a hand luggage case that was put in the hold. we only had to wait for less than 10 mins at Stansted to pick up her bag and that was only because there was no queue at passport control.

Could someone clarify the weight limit of hand luggage is it 10kg or 20kg, its not for me but for a friend who is coming to Vasto in the summer and that will be a question in another thread  :)

Thanks

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »
We too travelled back to Bologna and back from Pescara recently and didn't have any problems I took a large rucksack which I took on board and my wife had a hand luggage case that was put in the hold. we only had to wait for less than 10 mins at Stansted to pick up her bag and that was only because there was no queue at passport control.

Could someone clarify the weight limit of hand luggage is it 10kg or 20kg, its not for me but for a friend who is coming to Vasto in the summer and that will be a question in another thread  :)

Thanks
Hand baggage still 10kgs whether or not it’s in the hold, plus the normal size restrictions.