Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Motorway tolls  (Read 987 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Motorway tolls
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
There’s a big HoHa in the news about the rise in motorway tolls and the fact that Abruzzo is applying for special status for people who commute to and from Rome.

Anyone travelled recently? What are the tolls now?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Motorway tolls
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
Just had an email from a friend

Teramo - Rome A24. Car. euro 19,60

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
I haven't done that drive for ages but was told it had gone up a lot. Pescara Nord to the end of the A1 near Milano was around €40 last time we went, then there are 2 small ones around Milano. A bloody rip off if you ask me  >:(

Offline Clive Oldfield

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
Vasto North to Rome as per last weekends trip...just over 28 euros...that was travelling by a Ford Custom Transit van  :-\

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
Horrendous price hike. Was €15.30 one way from Sulmona / Pratola to Rome.  Now €17.  Did it just the other day.  Also city tax in Rome is now €4 per day up from €3.50. 
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
I can't get excited about it.  ;D
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 10:53:17 PM »
I haven't done that drive for ages but was told it had gone up a lot. Pescara Nord to the end of the A1 near Milano was around €40 last time we went, then there are 2 small ones around Milano. A bloody rip off if you ask me  >:(

Last week the same was 40.80, before Christmas it was about 0.40 less.
The little bits near Milano had increased by some 20-30 cents a time (much higher percentage for a smaller charge)

This is nothing compared to the increase in fuel, pays to shop around.  We fill up at Pescara Nord (newish place with car wash next door), currently an Esso near Bologne comes up cheapest and then that is enough to get us to Luxembourg.

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
Also an espresso can be over a Euro,and not the traditional 90 cents.  But once in the UK you are reminded that there isn't too much to complain about on this front.

Offline old timer

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
The M6 toll road is 43km and costs £5.90 about 6.66 euro. A coffee along there (if you can call it coffee) will cost at least £2.30 . Pescara to  Milan is about 520km and costs about 4.40 euro on uk prices that would equate to about 80 euro. Considering the trafic I know which I would prefer to be driving on and it is not UK.
One Christmas we were in Scotland. Going from worthing to Dunbar (near Edinburgh ) we left a 6 o'clock and we're in Dunbar for 14.30 having stipend for breakfast,  coffee and lunch. Returning because of road closure due to accidents. The weather was dry and sunny. To us 10.5 hours.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 08:42:07 PM »
It is specifically the 'Strada dei Parchi' (Rome to Pescara A24 / A25) which is relatively high.  I remember reading something which suggested that it is subsidising the National Parks in some way. Boh.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
I can't pretend to know the toll prices to get to the bright lights of Milan and Rome, but Pescara Nord to Teramo (Giulianova) is €2.20!  :)

Offline old timer

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
I read in El centro today that the road hauliers are having a protest in L'Aquila today with sindaco leading it apparently the rise is 12.89% for A24/A25  which is a lot.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
A 20% discount for commuters has been refused and the protest continues.

http://www.abruzzolive.it/