Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: New Dawn and Emily Gray  (Read 979 times)

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
New Dawn and Emily Gray
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
Both are superb climbers that have lovely soft pink and yellow tones complimenting the stone of buildings in Abruzzo.I bough mine in UK and planted them in May. No watering no feeding only massive pruning needing.They love Abruzzo and I can really recommend them if you want a climbing rose.
For me another benefit is the growth in the gecko numbers since they can jusr nip under a leaf when a predator is about! I personally could never have enough geckos as not only are they lovely to look at they eat all those pesky flies that are so annoying in the summer. Hornets seem to avoid nesting when there are lots of geckos so perhaps they eat the grubs?
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: New Dawn and Emily Gray
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
Both are superb climbers that have lovely soft pink and yellow tones complimenting the stone of buildings in Abruzzo.I bough mine in UK and planted them in May. No watering no feeding only massive pruning needing.They love Abruzzo and I can really recommend them if you want a climbing rose.
For me another benefit is the growth in the gecko numbers since they can jusr nip under a leaf when a predator is about! I personally could never have enough geckos as not only are they lovely to look at they eat all those pesky flies that are so annoying in the summer. Hornets seem to avoid nesting when there are lots of geckos so perhaps they eat the grubs?
DV are we talking geckos or lizards here? We have only ever seen one of the former and a beautiful little creature it was. Lizards (also superb) seem to have increased in recent years, but not too sure if this is just down to the weather.