Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: TV licence  (Read 994 times)

Offline PJM

TV licence
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »
Last year my TV licence was included in my ENEL bill ..this year nothing has been added to the ENEL bill. Any help welcome on this topic. Thank you Pamela

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: TV licence
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »
Last year my TV licence was included in my ENEL bill ..this year nothing has been added to the ENEL bill. Any help welcome on this topic. Thank you Pamela
Okay, I came across this post from Pamela via the post from Levi on closing down this forum. I was looking to see if we had anything on get_iplayer, but that is now another job/post.
So I wonder why no one answered this one (me included) as surely one of the many members must be in the same boat? On that, I can this time say "not us gov" as we are still paying. If I had to hazard a guess I would say I'd seen the answer recently (here or elsewhere) that people with none resident accounts were no longer being deducted for the licence?? Anyone else in this situation?
Would be nice if we could help Pamela.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »
As far as Im aware, non residents pay a different tariff and dont have the tv license included on their bills. Residents, on the other hand must make a declaration that they have no TV in order to have license fee deduction removed from their electric bills.
I am also led to believe that this declaration must be made on an annual basis, in December, in order to be excluded for the next year.

I think that when it was first introduced the differentiation between resident and not resident was not made and for a while everyone was billed.

Offline Cassius

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:46:25 PM »
We're non resident and it was definitely not added to our bills......

Offline Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »
Were non residents and weve not had it added to ours either (hope im not tempting fate!)

Offline PJM

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 08:24:04 PM »
Thank you for your replies, no payment added to my enel bill this year and now to complicate it all I have got my residency last November (a very easy process) Pamela