Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Bologna to Rome  (Read 234 times)

Offline nil satis

Bologna to Rome
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:30 PM »
I have tickets for the rugby next Feb in Rome but flights are very expensive 175 one way I fancy a day/night in Bologna flights only 28. Does anyone know about the trains from Bologna to Rome ( I will then hire a car and drive to Abruzzo). I do understand that with train fares and hotel there wont be a huge difference in cost but I will have spent a little time in La Grassa.

Offline Relaxed

Re: Bologna to Rome
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
You can find out almost everything about trains on www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
A quick look suggests you can take a Frecciarossa for less than 20 if you book ahead. Takes about 2 hours to get from Bologna to Rome, and these are the superfast nice trains.
You'll have to look into how you get from the 'Bologna' airport into the city, that might be tricky, and also if you can hire a car in Rome from the railway station and then return the car to an airport, which you might want to do - sometimes that gets expensive..

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »
 Bologna airport site here indicates you would need to get a taxi (+/-15 according to them) or bus into the city (which looks quite frequent at peak times). Train to Rome on Tren here is currently 10-30 one way, I'm guessing it will be dearer nearer the time.

Offline Nickyl

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:58:44 AM »
Hi
Try the app Rome2Rio my friend and I used it this summer from Vasto to Naples to Ischia covers  all transport  and you can pick best time and price to travel it's brilliant.
Nick