Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Winter tyres  (Read 653 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Winter tyres
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:00:24 PM »
If you’ve not already done it,  now is the time to change to winter tyres.

Offline rometony

Re: Winter tyres
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:26 PM »
On the ..
To do...
List
Is 20e still the going rate everyone?
T

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
I know we have had many a discussion about this but I must say winter tyres are fantastic. The law that applies here should be applied in the UK IMO. If people new how good they are to drive on (only if you change all 4) I am sure more people would use them.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
On the ..
To do...
List
Is 20e still the going rate everyone?
T

Yep, I pay €10 a pair.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:40 AM »
I agree with VV that they make all the difference, not only in snow and ice but even when the ambient temperature drops below 7 degrees.
I was converted by a Finnish taxi driver on a journey through a winter wonderland who set a normal pace on non studded winter tyres. Now I wouldn't go through a winter without them in the UK. Just stick them in the back of the garage in spring and pay about £20 to refit them in November.
V.

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
Completely agree with VV and Venatore, they make a huge difference even just in wet conditions as Venatore says below 7 degC. And has been said many, many times........please change all 4.

Offline Lui

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
It looks more like we'll need snorkels and water wings this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if ilmeteo.it is correct in it's predictions.  :( I hope that all the newly repaired roads hold up.

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
It looks more like we'll need snorkels and water wings this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if ilmeteo.it is correct in it's predictions.  :( I hope that all the newly repaired roads hold up.

Yep Wednesday (from early hours) looks really bad with very heavy rain all day and high winds  :(

Offline herbfinder

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
Can anyone suggest a garage, near Casoli where I can have Winter tyres fitted? Is it best to have all 4 replaced and will the garage store the Summer tyres?

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »
We use a garage in Guarena (close to Casoli). I find his prices excellent and he stores our tyres, if he has the space I am sure he will store them for you. If you would like his number then please PM me or I can call him to get you a price, just send me your tyre size.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
I use a place in Lanciano. His prices are a bit more than the ones quoted above but he stores whichever tyres I'm not using. Incidentally has anyone tried all year tyres? A number of my Italian friends seem to have switched to them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:47:38 AM by Cesare Rinato »
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline old timer

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »
I use All season tyres. Although I am mainly in the UK. I have found no problem driving in snow deep enough  that when I stopped and opened the door it pushed the snow away. I am not saying they are better than winter tyres but I get 35K out of them and find no difference winter or summer, rain of shine. I drive a 4X4. There are some good videos on U tube showing the difference between summer winter and all season.

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
I use a place in Lanciano. His prices are a bit more than the ones quoted above but he stores whichever tyres I'm not using. Incidentally has anyone tried all year tyres? A number of my Italian friends seem to have switched to them.

I've had the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons before and found them decent in snow for an all season tyre. Found a difference in fuel consumption when I went back to a summer tyre when travelling to and from the UK though, was running the Goodyear efficientgrip as a summer tyre.

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »
I’ve bought winter and summer tyres from trovagomme.it and they were about €50 per tyre cheaper( I was paying up to €180). They deliver to your door, usually within a week. They sell all levels of tyre, from budget to premium.