Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Stufa gasket/rope  (Read 187 times)

Offline Lui

Stufa gasket/rope
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
Trying to sort out our wood burner for this winter and I'm struggling to find somewhere that has the correct gasket rope to fit to it. I've tried the ferramenta at Villa San Romualdo but they have nothing small enough for the glass seal on our door and neither do they have the tape that you bind around the cut ends of the gasket. With all the stufe around here I can't believe that there isn't somewhere out there with a decent range of stuff available. Any ideas?

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Stufa gasket/rope
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Have you tried the shop in Cesi next to De Santis, think they are actually the same people. Coming from Bisenti, trun right and I'm sure you will know the De Sactis tile place, but the next door along they sell gas piping etc. They may also sell that type of stuff, if not they may advise where to get it. A bit father afield and I'm not too sure exactly where in Montisilvano it is there is a shop that look like it sells all sorts of fire stuff. But I'm sure there must be something more local.

PS Not ideal, but just looked on  Amazon IT here and it might be  good last resort.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:29:05 AM by GeordieBorn »

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »
Where are you Lui? Do you have the measurement, I can ask the guy we use.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Lui

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »
Thanks both. I've actually in the meantime finally got a response from an online retailer that has exactly what I want but I'll definitely try the place in Cesi as it's just down the hill. I'll let you know the details VV if I have no joy with Cesi or online. Thanks again.
 I'm hoping this may be a timely reminder as well for those who have stufe that these seals don't last forever ;)