Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: UK Update  (Read 315 times)

Offline Lola

UK Update
« on: October 01, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
Just a little note to let you know that I have now exchanged contracts on  a lovely 1930's two-bedroom bungalow on the South Coast. I will be moving in on 9th October. It's was over a year ago when I left Abruzzo and it has taken all this time to get myself sorted out. I am feeling a lot more positive about the future and know that I will be happy in my new home.

Thanks to all of you who have kept in touch one way or another and who gave me so much moral support when my life hit rock bottom. I will still 'look in' with interest and send the occasional post. I will still have to return to Italy as my property in Abruzzo is still on the market with no interest whatsoever.
Never make eye contact with weirdos.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: UK Update
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »
That's really good news, I wish you every happiness in your new home.

it might make you feel better if you think of your Abruzzo home as a holiday home. Could you let it out to raise a bit of income till it sells? You never know a holiday maker might fall for it and buy it?

Best of luck and please do keep in touch.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »
I think that is an excellent piece of advice Levi. Even if with the associated costs  it did not produce much of a profit it would help maintain the property and keep that lived in look that is attractive to many buyers.
I'm happy you gave got yourself sorted on the south coast Lola, it's a lovely area and I hope you are happy there.
V.

Offline Orbito

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
Really delighted to hear about your new home Lola, that's a lovely part of the UK.

And all the best with the Italian property, whatever you decide to do with it.

Offline Cassius

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
Glad to hear that things are moving forward for you now.  It is always hard to be in flux.

Good luck for all your future plans.